No room for SUB!

ROB2009

Jan 17, 2008
Visit site
Hi everyone, I am currently looking for a surround speaker package but don't have any room for a sub! My room is about 4.5m x 3.5m and my budget is about £2000

Any suggetsions?

northantsbloke34

Aug 19, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="ROB2009"]
Hi everyone, I am currently looking for a surround speaker package but don't have any room for a sub! My room is about 4.5m x 3.5m and my budget is about £2000

Any suggetsions?

[/quote]

Why do you not have room for a sub?. Our room is slightly smaller and we have one and you wouldn't notice it there. It doesn't have to sit next to the tv or out on display. No room down the side of a chair or sofa?. Believe me you would regret not having a sub in a surround sound set up. Our Kef sub is only about 12"x12"x12".

ROB2009

Jan 17, 2008
Visit site
It's not so much the room size, but where the door openings are. Opposite the sofa is enough room for speakers and tv bench. LH speaker is in the corner, then tv, then RH speaker, then a door way, there is a patio door on the return wall of the LH speaker. I have wooden floors so cannot bury any cables.

A

Anonymous

I had a similar problem when I was setting up my system, however a mate of mine recommended a QED sub-woofer cable which only has a 2.5mm diameter cable.

This made it skinny enough to route along the edge of the skirting board and along the beading between the wooden floor and the door frame. Obviously I had to tape it down, but even the missus agrees that she doesn't even notice it now. The other alternative is to route it up and around the door frame, but that would be a bit more expensive for the extra length.

Here's the link............. http://www.qed.co.uk/i123c190-158/QED_Cables/Sub-woofer_Cables/Qontour_MSR-SW.htm

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Any chance of a swift digital snap of the room looking from the sofa. Mail it to me at the usual email address, and I'll have a look and advise.

Bit concerned about that [quote user="ROB2009"]LH speaker is in the corner[/quote], but seeing the space should help me make some suggestions. I suspect we can can find room for a Velodyne MicroVee or similar somewhere...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts