No posts

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Looking fixed here. I am seeing all the latest posts (like drummerman's ESS DAC post at 08:55) and I am not having to use an iOS device to see posts like the last two days.

I also haven't cleared cache or history on this Firefox session for a couple of days.

chebby said:
Looking fixed here. I am seeing all the latest posts (like drummerman's ESS DAC post at 08:55) and I am not having to use an iOS device to see posts like the last two days.

I also haven't cleared cache or history on this Firefox session for a couple of days.

No, still giving agg.

And it's still saying: .."Text format field is required"

GeoffreyW

Sep 17, 2005
Visit site
Here, sir.

I visit every day, but don't post much, except when I feel moved to make a comment. As someone who has difficulty making decisions, since I upgraded to my current RP3, I try to evaluate comments on turntables, arms, cartridges, phono amps, for when/if I am able to change or upgrade. I'm old fashioned, and don't do streaming or computer - based listening, preferring to play physical media; besides, the exercise is good for me.

Also, since the resurgence of vinyl, there's been a plethora of releases, remasters, etc., but being retired, it's too easy to get caught up with spending too much buying new issues. When CDs began, I got odd looks when buying CD copies of the LPs I already had, but now it's the other way round; plus I now have several versions of the same record - four copies of Caravanserai, for instance. I got carried away with Abraxas recently, but that was a one-off (hopefully).

But it's all part of the enjoyment of good music reproduction, and doubt things will change, so I'll keep checking in regularly.

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
stevebrock said:
Where is everyone ? This part of the forum is getting quieter & quieter
Hi Steve, as most know I have been battling with personal problems, so my interest in most things that one enjoys has lacked any enthusiasum over the past 18 months. The things that I had little interest in and considered chores, well you should see my garden . . . Mmm, you cant realy see it.

I find this forum very restrictive in that this is an analogue descussion site. I get great pleasure from Spotify, it is capable of producing some excelent sound if the computer is correctly set up. I know what quality sound is about and my Spotify is very good. However, I still have all my analogue kit, I still put Spotify through the same system as I use for viynal; valve amp, a pair of 25 year old LB1 transmission line speakers on my original 'Desiner stands', no fancy cables having done hours of listening tests, cable can tune certain parts of a sound system to an individuals preferance. Over 40 years of musical pleasure and evaluation, I have found nothing that satisfies more than the present set up, which is in essance the same as it was 30 years ago, with only the LB1's replacing my beloved LS35a's in the early 90's.

The other majour change has been the TT, again personal circumstances dictated the change, which was a blessing in disguise, teaching me a whole lot about TT's as I modified and upgraded it. Still the original Rega 5, but almost unrecognisable now as such. Many changes, a lot of 'U' turns but it finaly became the pride of my system, 'I did that'.

Its the getting up and down, the knees and legs are poor these days. Not giving up on my black media with a 'hole in the middle', it still has the edge. Hopefully I will get to grips with the mobility issues, I miss my pipe organ recordings, Spotify does not do pipe organs justice!

So Steve, that is why I dont contribute very often, personal circumstaces, analogue based. I am getting to grips with some of my issues, I do a lot of listening these days. Normaly take the dog for a walk around 10pm, then its music untill bed time, now 12.45am, probably another hour yet. Often get an hour or so in the afternoon if I'm not doing other things.

Give that lot a chew over Steve, anyone feel free to make coments, and yes I know, I still cant spell worth a toffee.

CJSF

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I understand yes Cliff - I have been suffering with Tinnitus the last year and it has really affecting me and my listening pleasure of my system - at one point I thought about binning binning it all getting a Naim or Linn all in one and completely deserting vinyl. However the amount of time and money that I have invested in my vinyl front end I can't stomach it yet !

my tinnitus sometimes is unbearable - so I lay of the vinyl for a few weeks !

0nly recently I realised I had the load impendance on my phono stage not set right - so another little gain in my enjoyment - small things

hapoy Xmas to you Cliff

GeoffreyW

Sep 17, 2005
Visit site
Things here have picked up a bit - seasonal peak?

But I have to agree that, with old age, deteriorating hearing coupled with occasional sinus infections/colds/ear wax, can detract from listening pleasure. But, as long as I can hear changes/improvements, I'm not ready to give up; the emotion in music is still a prime factor in listening pleasure to me.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts