No Output From Sony STR-DA2400ES.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

Hooked up BD35 bluray player to the amp last night using the BD HDMI input on the amp and nada; no picture or sound. However, connecting to the DVD HDMI input and no problem.

The amp's manual just says to hook up using a suitable HDMI cable (QED Performance) via the BD input and you'll be fine. But amp says no. Boo.

Any clues?

Ta.

A

Anonymous

If I connect the BD35 to the BD input, it says: 'Analog' on the amp, whist connecting to the DVD input it says 'HDMI'.

I know on the back of the amp the BD input says 'for audio', but what's the point in having an HDMI input that only appears to accept analogue audio input, when the manual states that you can hook up a bluray player using this input only for video and sound?

Am I missing something?!!!

I'm also confused about the audio and video settings for the various inputs.

BD Input: Video = Component1; Audio = Analog

DVD Input: Video = Component2; Audio = DVD Coax

Are they ignored if you use the HDMI input? The DVD input works fine despite not using either of the 2 assigned inputs.

Apart from the irritation in setting the damn thing up, it sounds bloomin' marvellous!!

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
There's your answer, your BD input is setup for the analogue audio inputs. You will need to put the amp back in auto mode, I think it's AFD.

Andy Grange

Aug 2, 2007
Visit site
Sorry to ask a silly question, but you have tried to change the settings to

BD Input: Video = HDMI; Audio = HDMI

I think it's something like "Assign Input". To be honest I've found that some of the AV inputs can only assign certain video and audio. If I remember correctly I had an issue trying to set up my 360 in Component 1 with an optical cable for sound, and my Wii in Component 2 with the stereo RCA's for sound. I actually had to switch the two round for the audio on both to work correctly, this was something to do with not being able to assign particular audio inputs on Component 1 and 2.

A

Anonymous

I don't think that HDMI is an option when assigning audio/video to inputs (but I'll check tonight).

My point was that I use neither of the specified audio/video connections for the DVD input (only use HDMI; not component video or coax audio) but it works, so why assign values which aren't being used?!!!!

I'll also try changing the audio BD setting to anything other than analog to see if that helps.

Thanks,

Dave

A

Anonymous

Weird!!

I set the BD input to Component 1 (video) and DVD coax (audio), neither of which are used for anything and it now works fine!!

Seems like HDMI trumps all settings bar analog (for audio).

Andy Grange

Aug 2, 2007
Visit site
It's a strange one definitely. I've accidentally set analog on for my Sky HD and it took quite a while to get it back to normal; I think you can safely say there's a lot of quirks to the 2400 that are not mentioned in the manual.

Glad you've got it sorted though :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts