No new Sky HD EPG YET

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I received my new sky card about 2 weeks ago. I put the new card in but have been waiting for the new epg to appear, does anybody know anything about this.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Which brand of Sky+ HD box do you have? The new EPG has currently been deployed to users of the Thomson box, with other brands (Pace, Samsung, Amstrad etc) to follow.

daveh75

The new cards have no bearing on when you'll get the new EPG....it's just that for some people the two have coincided.

Though i'm guessing the fact you haven't got the new EPG yet, that you've got either an Samsung or Amstrad box and you could be in for a bit of a wait if you have as the new EPG is unstable on Samsung/Amstrad stb's and to quote sky "This requires some additional and planned development work before we begin to send the software to customers.

HTH

A

Anonymous

The box i have is the samsung so i guess i will have to wait.

thanks

A

Anonymous

I wouldn't worry, it is hideous, I can't stand it. What Sky have done is put everything on one screen. i.e. There are no sub menus, like the old one! I just hate it, it is cramped, and awkward to get around, and slower to get to the desired location.

lixa

May 20, 2008
Visit site
Try pulling the power to your box, holding the backup button, and re-apply the power with the button still pushed. It will force a software update and you might get the new EPG.

Mine seems pretty nice, at least it's in 16:9...!

daveh75

lixa:
Try pulling the power to your box, holding the backup button, and re-apply the power with the button still pushed. It will force a software update and you might get the new EPG.

Mine seems pretty nice, at least it's in 16:9...!
you cant force an update for the new EPG! It's rolled out by STB version number.so unless your STB is on the system to be upgraded you wont get it,

A

Anonymous

Pesonally I love it compared to the old one. You can press "i" whilst watching tv and get info on any programme without changing any channel. You can still watch tv when you call up the menu and then watch any programme you like the look of whilst viewing the menu. All your recorded programes of a series are now lumped together and if you have the HD version, you can see programmes recorded in HD by their text being in orange. The planner is simple to use and everything is simple to find with the search facility

Think I was one of the lucky few who received the new EPG at the start so I can't fully remember the old system to be honest, but thumbs up from me with the new one ( wife and children like it as well so thats a bonus)

A

Anonymous

Plus forgot to mention you can get ITV HD (see other threads) as well so Champions league footbal in full HD for free is a great bonus

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts