No Landscape mode on Remote App IOS7?

garyw77

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
After updating to IOS7 on my Ipad 4 i have found that the Remote App for controlling my Itunes music on the Mac Mini only shows in portrait mode and won't now rotate to landscape which is no good for me. Previously was working in landscape no problem.

Every other app , Safari etc has no problem switching rotation and yes i have tried locking it into landscape but it still shows in portrait.

Has anyone else found this? Or am i doing something wrong?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
garyw77 said:
After updating to IOS7 on my Ipad 4 i have found that the Remote App for controlling my Itunes music on the Mac Mini only shows in portrait mode and won't now rotate to landscape which is no good for me. Previously was working in landscape no problem.

Every other app , Safari etc has no problem switching rotation and yes i have tried locking it into landscape but it still shows in portrait.

Has anyone else found this? Or am i doing something wrong?

Mine flips to horizontal (iPad Mini) just as it did before IOS 7. I haven't had to change anything.

garyw77

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Nope, tried everything, still only shows in portrait on the ipad 4 Retina!
This seems to be a problem with other people too as it's posted in the Apple Support Communities.
Why they can't just leave things alone i don't know, spoilt a perfectly great app on the Ipad now, gutted.

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
yes, I (and all the ipads) have the same issue. Lots of complaints on fora about it. Seems like a mistake but it is not clear if it is nto intentinal. Would be wrong not to allow rotation.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Don't think I ever tried to use the Remote app landscape before the update. I can confirm that on my 4S nothing happens now, post-update.

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site

garyw77

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
No ipad Minis and Iphones as well, i am talking about the "Remote" App not Music.

Music is landscape on full ipads the same as yours, Remote is not on any device in IOS7 as has now been clarified on the Apple communities as this App has not had an IOS7 update yet on Ipad or Iphone on which i have the Remote app on both.

Just a case of waiting and hoping now...

busb

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Not only does landscape mode not work at all, some of the controls don't work such as trying to go from Artist to Album view - it may work after ten tries or it may not - it's very slow to respond to commands.
Landscape mode doesn't work on my 5S either but everything else does & quickly at that.

From "Home" screen, slide finger up from bottom of screen -- may take several tries (you can often see a vestige of another screen "trying" to come up) -- to get an unlabeled, light blue screen of various parameters. The upper right parameter is the rotation lock. Tapping it will turn on or off the rotation lock, displaying the value in white (momentarily) at the top of the screen. Inability to get landscape is due to this lock being "on."

Tapping the chevron at the center top of this light blue screen will make it disappear.

TRENDING THREADS