Nine years and still gong strong.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Wasn't going to respond to this hammering... again. However...

This all kicked off when I purchased the Electrocompaniet CDP. It was bought as an ex-dem model from a dealer. Due to the construction work going on around our bungalow the carrier (UPS) couldn't find our number. The dealer gave 7 day warranty but in the end had to travel 30 miles to it up from the depot. The warranty had expired. I could have pressured the the dealer to take it back, as I wasn't too happy with the SQ, but decided to keep it to save hassle.

As a consequence Steve used vile language, which got him banned. For the record, I didn't report the abuse, it was Ben Law who reported it.

BBB waded in by saying (paraphrasing) 'it's no worse than you would hear down the pub'. Hate to think what pubs they frequent. No, I'm no snob but no-one should be the recipient of that abuse. And as soon as Steve's ban was lifted he had another 'pop' at me, which was picked up by another well established What Hi-Fi forum user.

The difference is I have the innate ability to read between the lines, and Steve and BBB responses are usually degrading - not just to me but the whole forum community. His second post on this thread was to insult all of us by saying this used by iPad users, and yet on the above post he says 'this is an open forum - for faceless people...'

Yes, I have reacted to his and BBB's posts but I would never use abusive language to the or anyone else. That is just not my way.

Again on another current thread of mine he tries to wind me up again. You make up your own minds.

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/turntables-and-lps/out-curiosity-whats-difference

matthewpiano

The 9-years and still working report is helpful and useful. It is no good just getting reviews and feedback of new items, as it is nice to know that when you purchase a piece of kit, it has a good chance of working for a long time to come.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

I do disagree with some of what you've said PP, but I also recognise some truth too.

If I contributed towards Ben Law leaving the forum, then I am truly very sorry, and I hang my head in shame.

In the interest of forum harmony, I would like to draw a line under all of this. Maybe this time PP you can acknowledge this?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
This all kicked off when I purchased the Electrocompaniet CDP. It was bought as an ex-dem model from a dealer. Due to the construction work going on around our bungalow the carrier (UPS) couldn't find our number. The dealer gave 7 day warranty but in the end had to travel 30 miles to it up from the depot. The warranty had expired. I could have pressured the the dealer to take it back, as I wasn't too happy with the SQ, but decided to keep it to save hassle.

Only a seven-day warrantly on an ex-demo model? My dealer gives three years on ex-demo cd players the same as if they were brand new.

Heck I got a 6 month dealer warranty on a second-hand Naim NAT05 tuner (it was at least 5 years-old.) My ex-demo Nait 5i and CD5i. both had 3-year dealer warranties and 5-year Naim cover once registered.

Remind me to avoid your dealer.

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
I do disagree with some of what you've said PP, but I also recognise some truth too.

If I contributed towards Ben Law leaving the forum, then I am truly very sorry, and I hang my head in shame.

In the interest of forum harmony, I would like to draw a line under all of this. Maybe this time PP you can acknowledge this?

Line drawn.

D

Deleted member 2457

plastic penguin said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:

Line drawn.
Hurray! *clapping*

matthewpiano said:
The 9-years and still working report is helpful and useful. It is no good just getting reviews and feedback of new items, as it is nice to know that when you purchase a piece of kit, it has a good chance of working for a long time to come.

Thanks. Yes it's good to hear about different experiences. Although the Pro-ject looks minimalist it certainly does what it says on the tin.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

plastic penguin said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:

Line drawn.

Good.

Now, IF I did contribute to Ben Law leaving, and IF Ben is looking in, and IF Ben wants to return, MODS have my permission to give him my email address so he can hammer me with his grievences should he so wish, because speaking slightly selfishly, I would really like Ben to return as a member of the film club, and to the forum as whole.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

thescarletpronster said:
Film club? Where's that?

Closer than you might think, though it's going through a possible change of direction at the moment.

thescarletpronster

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Ah, found it. Thanks.

This thread has been a bit of an eye-opener, and I'm glad to see that one bridge has (hopefully) been mended. I'm going to try to forget everything I've read in it!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts