Nexus 4 replacement...anyone got any info?

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Just seen a few rumours of a potential Nexus 4 replacement coming very soon with some pictures supposedly showing some leaked shots of the prototype but as ever with these sorts of things I'm taking it with a pinch of salt but the recent price drop of the Nexus 4 (which is the best phone I've owned and continue to love) surely points to replacement on the horizon no?

I would love a 4g ready version of the Nexus but beyond that I've found my current Nexus 4 plenty quick enough and easy to use so just how they are going to improve on it I don't know, Android 4.4 is supposed to be on board but if anyone has any info I would love to hear about it just to see if an upgrade might be on the cards in the future ;)

D

Deleted member 2457

Yep, I was going to say it must be soon, pictures here:

http://gizmodo.com/another-leaked-nexus-5-shows-off-its-giant-screen-and-g-1330680111

Prices on the 4 have dropped too.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
bigboss said:
Nexus 5 is coming on 14th Oct.

Where did you get that date from bigboss? That does sound about right judging by the Nexus 4 release, I'm wondering if the screen will be a 5 inch one if it's called the Nexus 5? That would be nice along with a 1080p resolution and 4G ready but most importantly an upgradeable memory as the 16gb on my Nexus 4 just isn't big enough and means moving music and movies on and off too often...fingers crossed for all of those.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
bigboss said:
That's what my sister-in-law said. She works for Google. Personally, I'm thinking of either Sony Xperia Z1 or HTC One (most likely the former). Will decide in the next couple of weeks.

Interesting, thanks bigboss.

I can vouch for the HTC One as I've come very close to buying one myself this month and know for a fact it's a very impressive phone with excellent video and music quality...I can't decide if I'm going to wait for the Nexus 5 or get a HTC One. I didn't like the Xperia Z1 as much as I did the HTC One but that's simply a personal preference thing as the performance is good but I thought music was far better on the HTC One and I use my phone a lot for music so it's high priority for me, video was very good on the Xperia though.

Right now I'm waiting for the Nexus 5 announcement before I make a decision simply because I'm on a sim free giffgaff deal so a Nexus 5 would be a much cheaper option.

Xanderzdad

Jun 25, 2008
Visit site
If the Nexus 5 has a better camera (and I mean better image quality not more pixels!) and bigger screen then the Nexus 4 then I'll upgrade but not just for a faster processor.

On a seperate topic - how much is iOS 7 a copy of the latest Android? :p

TRENDING THREADS