Next step upgrade.

whiskywheels

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
My NAD 326/545 combo now does service in my study, whilst my CA 650A/650C combo with B&W 685 is in the main listening room. I am pleased with this set up, but wonder if there's any point in upgrading to the tune of £1500 +/- a few hundred? Apart from the engaging sound of my CA set up, I like the 'one for all' remote and it's features, and would want the same sort of arrangement with an upgrade. Obviously I've looked at the reviews etc., but wondered what recommendations you would make? I listen to all sorts of music, but mainly classical,and jazz/blues. I like faithful reproduction........hey isn't that what high fidelity means?

whiskywheels

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
lindsayt said:
Would you be happy with large speakers in your listening room, or are you restricted to small speakers such as the 685's?

Good question! I'm so pleased with the 685's it didn't occur to me to change them. I could certainly manage larger speakers, any recommendations?

T

the record spot

What "upgrade" are you looking to achieve? IMO only but you've got two very similar systems there, what are you for your next big outlay to get you? More functionality, connectivity, etc...? The Rotel's probably very good, but I'd want to have a clearer end goal before splashing the cash. Active speakers would be on my list, as would Harman's HK990 which is a very fine amp with heaps of power on tap and high current delivery too. Depends what you want though.

whiskywheels said:
I'm very interested in the Roksan Caspian M2. As I like my B&Ws so much, I'm wondering if they will do justice to the M2?

There are a number of options: I've not heard the Caspian with B&W, but traditionally Rotel sounds fabulous with those speakers. Perhaps pre/power option may do the trick. I'm thinking in the region of Rotels RC & RB 06. Or maybe Arcam A38 should match well with B&W. Certainly the older Arcams do, but a demo is really needed to fully satisfy your queries.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts