news for Rega fans

domenn

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Next wknd Bristol show - Rega are demonstrating their first skeletal design RP8 turntable fitted with the Apheta MC cartridge and hope to bring you a world exclusive of a new switchable MM/MC phono stage the ‘Aria’. You may also get a sneak peek at a new electronic range which will be available later this spring. New: RP8 turntable with Apheta MC cartridge, Aria MM/MC switchable phono stage, Elicit R integrated amplifier (working prototype on dem) and Saturn R CD player.

I can not wait :)

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Was getting excited then.....thought they were binging out an all in one streamer to go to war with Naims unitilite!!

The new Elicit R and Saturn R have been imminent for a few months now - and yes they look like they are not going to dissapoint!

Now who said CD players are dead? Rega & Naim both releasing new £1000 CD players in 2012/13 - and all handmade in Britain

dragon76

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I would expect a company like Rega to spend time more on new DACs and streamers than on one more turntable and CD player, but it can be that their marketing dept has determined that this is a better focus. I greatly respect Rega and their products, but just can't stand when their DAC has not yet been modified for the past 1.5-2 years since it first saw the market.

Nevertheless, I suspect that the Elicit R will be an awesome amplifier.

Ajani

Apr 9, 2008
Visit site
Does this mean that there will be no replacement for the Mira3? I notice they dropped it from the website awhile back, and they've now opted to launch an upgraded Elicit amp, with no mention of the Mira line.

A

Anonymous

The dealer I go to had an RP8 when I purchased my RP6 a few weeks ago. It certainly looked nice but I just couldn't justify the extra cash, particularly as the RP6 sounds so awesome anyway! I got mine in gloss red and it looks fantastic!

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Alfonso said:
The dealer I go to had an RP8 when I purchased my RP6 a few weeks ago. It certainly looked nice but I just couldn't justify the extra cash, particularly as the RP6 sounds so awesome anyway! I got mine in gloss red and it looks fantastic!

I have a white RP3 on order with Ortofon Red 2M - keep thinking I should of waited and gone for the RP6?

Did you listen to them both side by side?

Did you get the Exact cartridge?

empacher

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
dragon76 said:
I would expect a company like Rega to spend time more on new DACs and streamers than on one more turntable and CD player, but it can be that their marketing dept has determined that this is a better focus. I greatly respect Rega and their products, but just can't stand when their DAC has not yet been modified for the past 1.5-2 years since it first saw the market.

Nevertheless, I suspect that the Elicit R will be an awesome amplifier.

Looks like the Saturn-R will have digital inputs so it will function as a DAC. It will also have a 192K-24bit asynchronous USB input which is a (significant for some) upgrade over the current Rega DAC. As a CD player, I'm curious to know if it will be better than the current Apollo-R + DAC.

I'm very interested in the Elicit-R. Could be just the ticket to get a little more out of my speakers. Can't wait for first impressions.

In terms of a wish list, I wouldn't mind a new Rega tuner based on the half width chassis. Should be simple and relatively inexpensive, no?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts