Newbie questions about the HRT Microstreamer

nonopus

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Hello there. Over the last few few months I've learned loads about how to improve the sound quality of your music; really really interesting stuff.

I've just bought a HRT Microstreamer to use primarily with earphones, mostly ALAC files sourced from my mac.

However, occasionally I would like to connect the microstreamer using the line out to my hifi via either line in or RCA.

So, two questions.

1. Which cable if any is best to use for sound quality. A decent 3.5mm to 3.5mm or a decent 3.5 to RCA, or does it matter??

2. Will my hifi change the sound (becuase its being run through there) produced by the microstreamer or will my hifi purely just amplify the quality sound sent from the DAC??

Looking forward to your response.

pauln

Feb 26, 2008
Visit site
1. For convenience, as there is a front mini jack socket, use that with a basic cable for a couple of quid. Or use the RCA sockets at the back and tuck the cable out of the way when not in use. There'll not be any difference in sound quality.

2. Yes, it will almost certainly sound different to your earphones. It might sound how your hifi usually sounds if you play a CD I would think, maybe better, but the speakers will be the defining factor.

Try it - it'll cost a couple of quid for the cable, if you haven't already got one kicking around somewhere.

nonopus

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

Yeah, I have both cables knocking about and interesting to know theres no difference in sound quality.

When the DAC arrives I'll have a play to see if I notice any difference between mac>dac>teac>ears and mac>teac>ears !!!

Thanks again!

nonopus

May 5, 2014
Visit site
hi Marsbardark. As a newbie to the audiophile arena, I've started with some half decent entry level headphones, namely the Sound Magic E10's and the Sennheiser HD 202's. I use ALAC mainly and some 24bit/88kHz. At the moment I listen from my iPad Air (great improvement over the iPhone 4) and my mac. Looking forward to connecting my HRT microstreamer dac to my mac soon though!!!

Defiantly going to upgrade earphones soon than later though.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts