Newbie Plasma Owner

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all. Just bought myself a Panasonic TH37PX70 plasma (£600, not bad eh?) after researching all the rave reviews and forum discussions. But recently been reading up about screen burn etc and have a few queries. I know that you should lower the brightness/contrast for the few 100 hours or so and avoid watching channels with static images for long periods of time but what about gaming? Can I start playing my 360 from day one as long as I adjust the settings? Or do I have to wait for so many hours? Also heard you should leave the screen setting on normal as opposed to dynamic or cinema for the phosphorus bed in period, is this true?

Also has anyone had any experience with these set up discs I keep hearing about (£15). Do they help to get a better picture? Are the benfits really worth the hassle?

I know this type of topic is pretty common and boring but if anyone could answer my queries and give me any further advice with maintaining my plasma it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Andy TW

Jul 13, 2007
Visit site
Gaming should be fine as long as you are not playing the same game (with static images) for hours on end and day after day. A few hours of gaming combined with a similar amount of normal TV watching is unlikely to cause problems.The test discs are good and setting up the TV correctly is definitely worth the hassle, however most THX DVDs have a set up section which will allow you to set up your TV picture so it's worth checking your collection before spending any money.

A

Anonymous

Hi there,

Yeh looks like some good solid advice there from Andy. I would also use the THX set-up found on particular dvd's eg star wars rather than wasting £15 on a disc that may not do it any better.

I also have just bought a plasma the TH42PX70 Model, thanks to advice from the what hi fi crew and other members here. And after doing a lot of research I heard it was best to leave it on cinema setting for the running in period as it softens the image more and isnt as vibrant because it is designed for watching in darker rooms. As for the rest of the stuff you read it all sounds good right to me.

By the way, what dvd player are you using? I am interested as i am using a samsung upscaler and the picture doesnt look as good as I have heard this TV is capable of.

Cheers and Good Luck!

Paul

A

Anonymous

Just stay away from Dynamic mode at all costs.

Cinema mode is touted as the most life-like. However Normal is good too, if you prefer a more "lcd" like image (a bit brighter and sharper). Just tweak one of these two modes to suit your tastes and ambient light conditions.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts