New year new CD player

leofar2

Jul 25, 2016
Visit site
I have reacently disposed of my old DVD player wich is used as a transport for many years because it broke. And I have been searching for a new CD player and I have found some options, but since my father did not give me a small lone of a million dollars I can only buy one. So pleas do help!

Here are the options and their price:

Onkoyo c-7030 260$

Yamaha CD-S300 210$

Marantz CD 5005 290$

(I am only going to use them as transports)

Oldskool1976

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
leofar2 said:
I have reacently disposed of my old DVD player wich is used as a transport for many years because it broke. And I have been searching for a new CD player and I have found some options, but since my father did not give me a small lone of a million dollars I can only buy one. So pleas do help!

Onkoyo c-7030 260$

Yamaha CD-S300 210$

Marantz CD 5005 290$

You may want to list your other equipment first leo, oh and lol on the small loan comment!

Oh and where are you from as some of those prices are very high.

In the UK can get the marantz 5005 for around £160 new, which would be my choice if I needed a new transport at that price range.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
There are loads of used ones on the market I would have a look around, probably get a decent one for about $50. Playstations are another option. Marantz are pretty good but think you should be able to find new at lower price than that. Which country are you in, this is a UK site.

leofar2

Jul 25, 2016
Visit site
Oldskool1976 said:
leofar2 said:

Onkoyo c-7030 260$

Yamaha CD-S300 210$

Marantz CD 5005 290$

You may want to list your other equipment first leo, oh and lol on the small loan comment!

Oh and where are you from as some of those prices are very high.

In the UK can get the marantz 5005 for around £160 new, which would be my choice if I needed a new transport at that price range.

I am from Sweden so that explains the high prices, I have a cambridge dacmagic and a holographic audio as a headphone amp

Oldskool1976

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
If you have to go brand new and these are the best prices, get the Yamaha as its the cheapest, but I agree the 2nd hand market will be your best bet.

slice

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Athough marantz make good equipment a number of reviews on https://www.richersounds.com/hi-fi/separates/cd-players.html

suggest there can be problems with older discs with marantz cd players. I personally have the yamaha s300 and it is faultless, loading is very quiet, the reviews suggest no problems. My previous player was the cambridge topaz which has a noisy, slow loading mechanism so don't get that.

i personally wouldn't go 2nd hand. I think cd players are the most likely hi fi items to have problems, often with lasers or loading mechanisms, so the consistent track record of the yamaha in this area is a plus point, also buying new means an item can be returned if it does have a fault.

jjbomber

leofar2 said:
I have reacently disposed of my old DVD player wich is used as a transport for many years because it broke. And I have been searching for a new CD player and I have found some options, but since my father did not give me a small loan of a million dollars I can only buy one. So pleas do help!

Buy a second hand Acram DVD player that is NOT HDMI. They go for very cheap money, as do all non-HDMI players. As you are only using it for a transport it will be perfect for you.

Try asking dad for half a million!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts