SPLAT

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I'd get something really cheap for now and wait for 4k/OLED TVs to hit the market. The PQ from OLED is orgasmic, I can't wait my hands all over one of them.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
SPLAT said:
I'd get something really cheap for now and wait for 4k/OLED TVs to hit the market.

That could be quite a long wait, years for the prices to be anywhere near sensible, even if the picture quality, when you do get one of the things, gives you the mother of all orgasms.

Of the two TVs that the OP lists, I've seen the immediate predecessor to the Samsung, (the UE55D8000 I think) recently, and I was mightily impressed, and this year's model is even better. Yet, I know that the Sony is very special too, and is about £600 cheaper. The Sony apparently has the best black levels of any LED television.

D

Deleted member 2457

Jimralston said:
hi

can't make up my mind should I go for the Sony KDL55hx853bu or the Samsung UE55ES8000

what would you guys go for.

thanks.

Tricky one, I'm not sure. Probably the Sony taking all things into account.

timbobs

Sep 17, 2008
Visit site
[UNPUBLISHED]

I auditioned both before buying the Samsung UE55ES8000, I previously owned the Pioneer PDP LX-5090. Found the Samsung to have far better motion handling and the deepest black levels. Hooked up to a high end blu-ray player this TV is the best out there (ay least untill the OLED's are released).

timbobs

Sep 17, 2008
Visit site
I auditioned both before buying the Samsung UE55ES8000, I previously owned the Pioneer PDP LX-5090. Found the Samsung to have far better motion handling and the deepest black levels. Hooked up to a high end blu-ray player this TV is the best out there (ay least untill the OLED's are released).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts