New TV stand

Raniator

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
I'm after a new TV stand for my 40Z5500, Sony STR-DH800 and Sky+ HD box...

There seem to be SO MANY out there, I just can't make my mind up.

I've seen websites such as www.standland.co.uk, www.standanddeliver.com, www.soundandvision.co.uk & www.smartavsolutions.co.uk... has anyone bought anything from these or anywhere like them? It's hard to know what the quality is like just looking online and it would be nice to hear personal experiences from you guys.

Also, does anyone have any recommendations for something that might be suitable. Budget up to £300...

Thanks in advance.

Highway

Oct 20, 2008
Visit site
Hi Raniator,

I can give you some feedback on my recent experience of buying a new TV stand. Well it took me a while to find the type I had in mind, but when I did I eventually purchased it from standanddeliver.com.

The stand I bought was this one: http://www.standanddeliver.com/acatalog/Alphason_Finewoods_FW1350-W.html

Self assembly with adjustable glass shelf. I love it, looks great, it's the right viewing height and stores all of my little boxes.

I did find a problem with it, but had great service from S&D, they shipped the offending part to me in double quick time and kept me updated by phone.

Don't ask me if I have seen any improvement in picture and sound quality after moving my LCD and boxes from an old coffee table to the new stand, as I can't.

There is another company whose stands I really like, but only found them after I bought my current stand, will have to wait now until my next change of stand !!

Anyway, they are: http://www.hifiracks.co.uk/

Raniator

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Hi thank you very much for the reply.

That is actually one of the stands I was looking at getting, along with a couple of others on that site. Alphason seem to be a popular brand with some good prices on their stands too.

Nice to hear about good service from S&D too.

I will have at look at your other recommended link - thanks again. I'll let you know what I decide on!

Anyone else got any stories they would like to share?

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Welcome, Force
emotion-2.gif

TRENDING THREADS