Hi guy's.just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction for a turntable and probably phono stage.I think most will agree that this is the weakest part of my setup.having moved away from vinyl the past ten or so years and onto cd.Anyway I can't help but notice that shops are selling new LP's again and this is reinvigorating my old love of the black stuff.So would like to upgrade my project gear,just need to separate the wheat from the chaff so to speak.any thoughts would be welcome.I haven't set a budget as yet.would like to know what kind of price level I should be looking at.

jerry klinger

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
One of these three.

Rega RP6 / Exact

Michell tecnodec/RB303/Goldring 1042

Project 2xperience SB DC.

My current pref would be the Michell, later adding the HR psu. But the other two are easier to install and cheaper.

Seeing as you already have a turntable, why not try a new cartridge to see if you can get a bit more from your own gear before replacing it completely?

you could try an ortofon 2m blue or maybe a nagaoka mp110.

Well just acquired that 2m blue cartridge and have to say I'm blown away by the difference between that and the om 10.I didn't think just a cartridge could basically make it sound as if the whole tt had been replaced lol . it's given my ageing project expression a new lease of life until Christmas at least.

jimm

Dec 3, 2007
Visit site
I just bought a om 30 replacing my om 10, the improvement is stunning. I have also bought a speed box which has again improved the sound but nowhere close to the impact the stylus made. Although i have a budget deck it sounds very good, well worth the £180 i paid for the stylus.

jimm

Dec 3, 2007
Visit site
I am enjoying my vinyl more than ever, my system is now in a good place however i still plan to save around £1000 for a new Rega turntable, glad you are happy with the cart upgrade.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts