New Toy has arrived

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Stuart.W.D

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Congrats dude, the CXN's are very good indeed. I've just upgraded to the big bro 851N this week, based off the back of how impressed I was with mine.

FWIW, I found the Streammagic app a bit flakey, the CA Connect was better (for me).

I've heard the best app to run it with is Bubble Upnp, although I'm yet to try this myself.

Enjoy your toy dude, they are awesome.
Cheers for the heads up! The StreamMagic app seems rock solid, Chromecast is a nice touch for Tidal! Enjoy your upgrade 😉 And the 851N looks really good

myrrhman

Apr 24, 2020
Visit site
I don't want to steer this off-topic again into the murky waters of cables, but the only time I've ever bought a cable which didn't actually work was a Cambridge optical cable for a sound base for my partner's TV, upsold to me by one of those nice chaps at Richer Sounds. To be fair, they changed it without any hassle.

Stuart.W.D

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
So after living with the CXN V2 I'm happy to say she's a keeper. Using the CXN has been FANTASTIC.. A breeze getting connected unlike the Yamaha streamers. I personally enjoy the StreamMagic app quick and easy access to the Internet radio, Qobuz, Spotify and Tidal

The Cambridge signature impressed me from the first note! I am happy with their FLAC quality and even a good quality recording on Spotify made my jaw drop. I prefer Qobuz over Tidal but both apps sound fantastic via the V2!

I love navigating through the screen and using the jog dial.. Of course the app is faster but I do enjoy using the remote etc for accessing the presets. I managed to add multiple FLAC radio stations which is much appreciated, as well as some high quality compressed streams from the likes of Linn Radio. I have my top 20 presents now stored for Internet radio. The quality of performance is top notch 👌🏻Not only the FLAC streams, but even the 128-320 kbps ones - sound quality is better than what I have heard from other streamers via Internet radio! At €700 the CXN V2 ticks all the boxes for my needs, I can't really complain except I had to settle on the Lunar grey as the black/silver versions are now discontinued!

Cheers 🥃

Attachments

• IMG_20200628_125301.jpg
    IMG_20200628_125301.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: 12th Monkey
D

Deleted member 160668

So after living with the CXN V2 I'm happy to say she's a keeper. Using the CXN has been FANTASTIC.. A breeze getting connected unlike the Yamaha streamers. I personally enjoy the StreamMagic app quick and easy access to the Internet radio, Qobuz, Spotify and Tidal

The Cambridge signature impressed me from the first note! I am happy with their FLAC quality and even a good quality recording on Spotify made my jaw drop. I prefer Qobuz over Tidal but both apps sound fantastic via the V2!

I love navigating through the screen and using the jog dial.. Of course the app is faster but I do enjoy using the remote etc for accessing the presets. I managed to add multiple FLAC radio stations which is much appreciated, as well as some high quality compressed streams from the likes of Linn Radio. I have my top 20 presents now stored for Internet radio. The quality of performance is top notch 👌🏻Not only the FLAC streams, but even the 128-320 kbps ones - sound quality is better than what I have heard from other streamers via Internet radio! At €700 the CXN V2 ticks all the boxes for my needs, I can't really complain except I had to settle on the Lunar grey as the black/silver versions are now discontinued!

Cheers 🥃
I can't say I am at all surprised that you love it.

They really are great and sound excellent too. CA really have done a super job with this range.

I was totally impressed with my CXN and its new owner is too, having contacted me post-sale to say how much he loves it.

Great kit!!

Reactions: Stuart.W.D

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts