New to UPnP Players

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I have been using Squeezebox Touches for about three years with iPeng as the iPad controller. My SBT died a few months ago so I began streaming from my Mac using Squeezelite as a headless player. This is not working for me so I will be switching to a UPnP system shortly with my NAS.

Can an anybody recommend an ipad controller which is is similar in appearance to iPeng? Many thanks, g

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
just wondering what's not working for you with the current setup. It should be possible to basically get your mac running how the squeezeboxes were and you can keep using ipeng. Thus no more money need be spent.

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
cheeseboy said:
just wondering what's not working for you with the current setup. It should be possible to basically get your mac running how the squeezeboxes were and you can keep using ipeng. Thus no more money need be spent.
Well, for starters I have four boxes; the Mac, the Hard Drive, the USB converter and the DAC, and I am pretty bored with trouble shooting them all whenever I have a problem. Is these a similar app to iPeng you can think of? Thanks.

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I went for one of these bad boys in the end. I have to say at £950 it is not cheap, but it is the nearest thing to a Squeezebox Touch that I have found, minus the touch screen of course but I never used that! It also has a balanced AES output which is ideal for my needs and the app is pretty cool, but not perfect yet...... Worth a look if you want to upgrade from a SBT but don't know where to go.

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
With a synology NAS you can use the DS Audio station in the NAS and download the DS Audio App to the ipad, is works like the SBT app on the ipad but better IMO, as I have a SBT as well and it is in the box almost for two year now!

With your DAC you will need to buy a USB/coax converter and that way you can connect the NAS strait into the DAC and controle the show in your ipad.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts