new to this forum, please help with speaker/system advice!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi, this is my first post so please be gentle! have been out of touch with hi-fi for a little while since my early days with a rotel, an eclipse cd player and some jpw gold's!

at the moment i have a very small modest set up due to kids, i have my pc linked to a pioneer sa3000 amp, with an LG dvd4750 for watching films/playing cd's etc and a pair of mission 710i's.

the reason i am posting is i have been bequeathed a few items of hi-fi but not sure if they are worth me spending to upgrade my speakers. i have been given a pioneer sa8500 amp, a technics SH-8045 graphic and a sherwood ES4060R surround sound amp. are any of these components any good still?

i gathered if i ran the 8500 through my missions they wouldnt last too much longer so i had my eye on some 2nd hand m74's, or some eltax concept 200's, or symphonys. what would anyone recommend please?

i was then hoping to use the 710i's as rear speakers with the sherwood and sort out a centre speaker at a later date.

im on a really tight budget and i just wondered whether it was worth me spending on the speakers or just saying thanks very much and tucking them away in the loft?!?

A

Anonymous

Best bet IMO would be to try and sort out a home dem, then you'll know without spending any mahunnie...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts