New Titan mains block

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
£150 and gorgeous. The 'Styx'.

Who cares if it makes a difference when something looks that good!

I want one.

Fight amongst yourselves :)

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Does look good. But for something that in my house would still get shoved under the telly cabinet, all that cosmetic effort is wasted.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

Don’t know how it’s wired but these similar types of star wired blocks with no filtering make damn all difference to sound quality in my experience.

A block that does improve sq is the isotek Polaris, which you can get used for £200 ish, but it doesn’t look sexy, if ever hi Fi does?

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

And I’ll be the first to eat my words.......Used in conjunction with Helios cables to my cyrus mono x200signature power amps and another Helios to connect it up to the mains, this block is good (30 percent) but more so the cables (70 percent) which are tremendous. For £150 and a cable the blocks brings an improvement.

I’m only concerned about power surges as no surge protection. My electrical engineer friend says don’t put one on the mains socket, and in uk only really come about in lightning.

JMac

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Im not sure I understand, a mains cable you cant plug in to the mains socket due to no surge protection? Or are you referring to the block?

I must admit, I'm massively sceptical how either can make a difference if you live in an area with a steady mains supply.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

The Helios mains cable into the block and then mains, as these Styx blocks don’t have there own mains cable.

If you’ve got really good kit and of a certain quality where small changes in speaker wires etc can do good things, then I cannot underestimate what these cables could do. If speaker wires don’t make much of a difference, maybe don’t bother. I was put off my their shear size but hearing what they do I can put up with it. It’s very much worth a free trial and home demo if you think it might benefit.

JMac

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I might have a look and see if anyone near me does a home demo arrangement. They certainly look better than the standard cables if nothing else :)

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

If you aren’t using any mains cables, I’d highly recommend trying.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

BigH said:
QuestForThe13thNote said:

Without ANY mains cables?

sorry a bit like a Murray walkerism. I mean above the cheap thin ones in the box.

was just chatting to Gary at Titan. Apparently all the busbar type power blocks are definitely ones to avoid as you don’t get the current as you go down the chain?

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
BigH said:

Without ANY mains cables?

sorry a bit like a Murray walkerism. I mean above the cheap thin ones in the box.

was just chatting to Gary at Titan. Apparently all the busbar type power blocks are definitely ones to avoid as you don’t get the current as you go down the chain?

Yes have read some throttle the power, waste of time despite what WHF reviews say.
Are you doing blind tests on those cables?

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

I’d invite Titan around to do a blind test on me , as it would be pretty easy. Its a transformative difference.

andyjm

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
matengawhat said:
Cant help but think it has a design flaw, the mains cable to power the block should go in the end not on top as would make placement easier

I think the design flaw is that it the design as described can't possibly make any difference to sound quality.

How could it?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts