New Tannoy Revolution

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm really confused, I'd like to find out more about these as they had great reviews but are a little over my price range - but it seems two models exist. Tannoy Revolution and Tannoy Revolution Signatures. The signatures are more expensive - and the normal "Revolution" was alluded to in an article here a while ago. The details seems nowhere to be found in any shops at the moment - but both models are on the Tannoy website.

Lovely oak finish on these - the only chance I have to convice the mrs to get the hifi in the lounge as its the same as the floor! if anyone could shed any light - thanks.

A

Anonymous

I'm in a similar position. Looking at theÿSignature DC6T mainly because they look quite cool and they match my decor. Also on paper I think they will go with my NAD C352 quite well, however I haven't found anywhere that has them to demo. So if anyone knows a dealer in the midlands for these or if anyone knows how they sound with the NAD amp I would be very grateful!

A

Anonymous

And I think the comment "a hint of courseness in the treble" from the WHF review is enough to make me demo before splashing out.ÿ

A

Anonymous

hoping they other versions are reviewed, bump for the WHF staff to shed any light.....

A

Anonymous

bump - please help, still cant find these anywhere..........

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
We have these both revolution and signature versions. Both are superb ranges of loudspeakers, the Signature versions come in the 6" guise as well as the 4" that the standard model is supplied in.Build quality is better than expected at the price point. If you have any specfic queries please ask away or call us.

mikeinbrum

Oct 22, 2008
Visit site
I bought a pair of Signature Revolution DC4s for my study after auditioning a pair of Arcam Alto speakers. I am totally smitten by the Tannoy's. They are an amazing feat of engineering. Fully deserving of their 5* award in the Whathifi review. They are gorgeous to look at too. Their timing would put a metronome to shame, and there's surprisingly full bass and a very detailed and well controlled soundstage. They are the single best purchase at for performance per £ I have made.

baldy38

Oct 17, 2007
Visit site
Tannoy do not have many dealers out there at the moment - particularly in the south-east. If you're struggling, go to the Tannoy website, find a number for them and give them a call. They will put you in touch with someone who will give you lots of helpful advice, such as dealers who would either demo then for you, or send you speakers for home demo.

I tried out the DC4s and agree that they are great little speakers. I didn't end up buying them, though, if only because having just bought a pair of B&W 686s, I thought the step up in quality to that £600 price range wasn't enough to justify the extra money (also demoed B&W CM1s, Leema Xeros, KEF XQ10s, PMC DBis, Neat Motive 3s). I've also heard the DC6T floorstander - it sounded very good, but the demo wasn't the best, standing up in the main showroom of a shop near Victoria Station.

I've ended up with a pair of (brilliant) B&W 805S, having also tried out the Wilson Benesch Square Ones, but that's another story.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts