New Tablet needed

jjbomber

My (wife's) laptop has packed a sad and gone to that great scrapyard in the sky. So she wants a new tablet but it must be able to do the following.

1. Output a picture to a TV. So HDMI is preferable but open to suggestions.

2. Output digital sound to the Naim UnitiLite. Currently we use a Turtle Beach Micro II connected to the USB of the Laptop and the optical in of the Naim. So a USB would be fine, but open to ideas.

Any help is much appreciated.

D

Deleted member 2457

The iPad pro big one is pretty awesome if that will work - not sure?

jjbomber

smbmetal said:
How about something like a Surface Pro 3? That has a mini display port and USB 3.0. Plus it's Windows so will hopefully be familiar like the laptop was.

That is exactly what I bought in the end. I had to get an adaptor for mini display to HDMI, the USB works fine, and peace has returned at home.

The cr-Apple was the only other alternative. I can get them out of America at a discount and tax free, so it's not such a rip off price. However, windows and Google Chrome is much better than iOS, so the Surface Pro 3 won the day.

smbmetal

Sep 8, 2007
Visit site
Sounds like a good choice. I've seen and used the original Surface Pro, so I would expect that the SP3 to be a very good step up.

I must admit I'm a big apple fan (and love my iPad), but reading your original requirements I thought the SP3 would be the correct fit.

D

Deleted member 2457

jjbomber said:
smbmetal said:
I must admit I'm a big apple fan (and love my iPad), but reading your original requirements I thought the SP3 would be the correct fit.

You are the only person on the forum that does that!!!
teeth_smile.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts