admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I’m looking to get a CD player, amp and speakers. I have about £750 to spend. I was looking at; Cambridge Audio AZUR 540A V2, Cambridge Audio AZUR 640C V2. Or maybe the Denon DCD700AE CD, PMA700AE Amp. Speakers maybe the Wharfedale Diamond 9.1. Or the NAD C542 CD Player, the NAD C352CT Amplifier and the Epos M5 Speakers. Am I way off? How much is usually a good ratio to spend on amp - cd player - speakers? Am I better just to get a mini system? I will not be adding anything additional to the system, it’s purely for CD play. Although I might hook up an ipod but that isn’t a big deal. If anyone could make some suggestions it would be much appreciated.
Thanks,

John Duncan

Well, you've come to the right place (to get completely contradictory answers)
emotion-2.gif

You're absolutely on the right lines looking at Superfis deals (I recognise those combos!) though I personally might go a step down on the cd player and a step up on the speakers, but others here may suggest the other way round - I suggest that you try both and see which you think sounds better.

Alternatively, the Hifi System 4 from Richer Sounds for £550, and ask them to do a deal on a better pair of speakers for your 750 - (or sell the ones it comes with and buy better ones - I've never been impressed with their speaker alternatives..........)

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
£750, you say?

Richer Sounds are selling the Marantz PM6002 amp and CD6002 CD player for £200 each. Add some Monitor Audio Bronze BR2 speakers (which sadly you won't be able to pick up at Richer...) for a further £200, then make sure you've got decent cables/speaker stands and you're sorted.

A

Anonymous

Personally I love the 640C, never realised how good cd's could sound until I got it. I love the Cambridge range, haven't really got the know much else on my budget, but the designs are superb! I agree with JohnDuncan though, see if you can get some better speakers, the deal is now down to 499 too!

John Duncan

[quote user="Clare Newsome"]
£750, you say?

Richer Sounds are selling the Marantz PM6002 amp and CD6002 CD player for £200 each. Add some Monitor Audio Bronze BR2 speakers (which sadly you won't be able to pick up at Richer...) for a further £200, then make sure you've got decent cables/speaker stands and you're sorted.
[/quote]

Are they? There you go then, sorted. Or spend 350 quid on the speakers (which, as previously noted, I'm ignorant of)
emotion-2.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts