New System

johnshoobert

May 19, 2016
Visit site
I have just got back into the Hi Fi with a system comprising of: TEAC TN300 turntable, Onkyo TX8150 receiver, Cambridge Audio CXC cd player and Monitor Audio Bronze 5 speakers.

My last system was back in the eighties and I was amazed at the technological improvements since then, although I do miss my old VU meters.

The only issue I have is that the CD player has an optical line output which connects into the receiver, but the receiver has two optical inputs, one for Game and another for TV. This means that to listen to the CD player I have to have either Game or TV selected.

Not a huge issue but I would like to be able to select the correct function for the source.

If anyone knows if there is a way around this, I would be grateful.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
johnshoobert said:
I have just got back into the Hi Fi with a system comprising of: TEAC TN300 turntable, Onkyo TX8150 receiver, Cambridge Audio CXC cd player and Monitor Audio Bronze 5 speakers.

My last system was back in the eighties and I was amazed at the technological improvements since then, although I do miss my old VU meters.

The only issue I have is that the CD player has an optical line output which connects into the receiver, but the receiver has two optical inputs, one for Game and another for TV. This means that to listen to the CD player I have to have either Game or TV selected.

Not a huge issue but I would like to be able to select the correct function for the source.

If anyone knows if there is a way around this, I would be grateful.

You have purchased a CD 'transport' rather than a normal CD player.

Take it back and exchange it for a proper CD player (unless buying a dedicated transport-only device was the plan).

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I've just noticed a couple of co-axial digital inputs on the back of your Onkyo. Connect one of them to the S/PDIF digital co-axial output on the CA CXC and you'll be fine.

johnshoobert

May 19, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the info Chebby, will have to get some cables but will definitely try that. Until now I thought a CD player was just a CD player, didn't realise the difference and was recommended this one by the shop where I relied on their advice. Overall very satisfied with the sound.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts