New System any opinions?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I am about to purchase a new samsung 8 series led screen and i am looking to get my self some more new kit and i have been looking @ the Denon AVR-1910 as this sounds ideal not only for my budget but it has a lot to offer as far as function. I need some advice on a new set of speakers a blue ray player and a cd player and possibly a dab tuner can any one offer some advice please???

kind regards shaun
emotion-5.gif

Messiah

Hi Shaun,

What is your budget??

What type of speaker package are you looking for? Traditional or Style speakers??

How important is stereo performance in relation to home cinema as this will have a bearing on suggestions for the rest of the kit.

A

Anonymous

Hi thanks for the reply:)

i was thinking along the lines of traditional speakers i had hoped to spend no more than 600 on the amp possibly 400 on a blue ray player another 2-300 on a cd player and up to 1000 on the speakers and the dab tuner i can take it or leave it really. I do listen to alot of music so its quite important to have the best of both worlds if its possible?

kind regards shaun

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi Shaun,

After hearing both the Denon AVR1910 and AVR2310, I can highly recommend you consider the 2310. It is clearly a superior machine. With that, please look at the link below:

http://www.hispek.com/P/Denon-AVR2310-AV-Receiver-Pioneer-BDP320-Blu-Ray-Package(AVR2310BDP320PACK).aspx

The Pioneer blu ray player has just won a group award and is seen as the best one under £400......but you get all for £929.99 (amp is £799 RRP)

Then looking at speakers, maybe the Monitor Audio BR2 package (£880), or B&W 685 Threatre (£1206) would be worth looking at if you need stand mounted front speakers.

If you want floorstanders, maybe the Tannoy Mercury F1 Custom 5.1 (£1099) might be of interest to you....

Hope that info helps.....

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Forgot to say.....

CD player......ever thought of buying second hand?

I got my Marantz CD63 MKII KI second hand for under £150 and I bet it beats any sub £300 on the market right now!!

A

Anonymous

hey there Pistol Pete1, and sorry if im stealing the thread shaun. I noticed you have the Q acoustics 1010i package with the denon 2310 and wondered how the two were together, as after posting the link in your last two comments im seriously considering this package. As i was origonly going to get the Denon 1910 with the sony BDP550 with the 1010i's for approx £1000, but if i only have to pay an extra £250 for a better blueray player and AV, it maybe be worth it, just wondered if the speakers go well with 2310/ show what the Denon can do

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

I replaced the fronts with the 1030i floorstanders, before buying the AVR2310, so can't comment on how it sounds with the standard 1010i 5.1 package...........but

It sounds fantastic with the floorstanders and rest of the 1010i package..........

Best to go listen for yourself, before buying, if you can.......

A

Anonymous

Hi pete many thanks for you reply,

The amp and blu ray player package sounds like a deal defo food for thought
emotion-3.gif
,as for the speakers i heard some dali ikon 6s with a naim all in one unit and to be honest they were out of this world and i would hold out and save some more as i really liked those, do you think they would be a good match? i know very expensive but they sounded awesome or do you think the B&Ws would be a better match? as i really like those altho i have not listened to them as yet
emotion-2.gif

as for the cd player i would possibly buy 2nd hand have seen some on fleabay
emotion-1.gif

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
The budget keeps moving.....and in my opinion, if you spend more on the speakers, you will have to with the amp and source too....

You started with the Denon AVR1910, and if you were to put the Dali ikon 6's with that amp, you would defo not get the best from your speakers. Even the Denon 2310 might not be enough for speakers of that price.

The reason I mentioned the above packages, were because they would make up a sensible well balanced (money wise) system.

I have not heard them in action, but if it were my money, I would be very keen to audition the B&W 685 theatre package. I have not heard a bad thing said about them in quite a few forums....(not just in this one)

Hope that helps.......

A

Anonymous

I think you may be right there pete i will have a look at the B&Ws with the 2310, sorry i do tend to get carried away lol will book a demo for the weekend i think
emotion-11.gif

many thanks

A

Anonymous

Well now i have been busy and now im skint for the time being
emotion-2.gif
I have just brought a samsung eu46b8000 and a pioneer bdp320 to start and my plan is to have the rest of the kit over the next few months
emotion-11.gif

Thanks for all your advice Pete, i did listen to both the avr1910 and the 2310 with the B&Ws and all in all the 2310 is far better amp it looks great and sounds awesome and i cant wait to pick mine up im so excited
emotion-2.gif
The speakers in my opinion were very well matched an will provide just the right balance for cinema and stereo use all i all very happy!

Im now in the market for a hdmi cable and a fibre optical cable any advice?

kind regards shaun

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts