New speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
So i got tired of my Monitor Audio BR5, nice punchy bass but no rich mid and above all the treble is just too clinical, artifishal sounding,

My living room is small so i decided to lissen to bookshelves instead but i still want a decent amount off bass.

My final listening session was with a Marantz PM7004 and SA7003 and i listend to the next speakers:

Dynaudio X12: very nice sound wide deep soundstage and lovely treble, bass was just there, just mist one thing a bit of excitement

Elac BS184: Less scale a bit upfront mid but the cleanest treble i've ever heard! bass was less

Focal 806V: just everthing less, did nothing to me

Monitor Audio RX1: Looks great sound is nice too, but after 2 songs again that clinical treble, not again...

B&W 685: less lookers but the first speakers i wanted too stard dancing! rich full sound great bass and even older cd's sound like

music. they may not have the resolution off the Elac's or give the amount off details the Dynaudio's did, but wat i wanted was too

enjoy music again, and that's what they did to me.

Got them yesterday an allready love them, breaking them in wil be a pleasure.

matthewpiano

The 685s are great speakers and you chose them for exactly the right reasons (the same reasons I'm going for the KEF Q300s). Enjoy your music! That is what this is all about at the end of the day.

Chokobolt

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
This is great
emotion-5.gif

You listened to a couple of different speakers, and then went for the ones who "did it" for you/"touched" you emotionally/made you dance. That's just how it should be
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

Chokobolt:

You listened to a couple of different speakers, and then went for the ones who "did it" for you/"touched" you emotionally/made you dance. That's just how it should be
emotion-21.gif

Ditto
emotion-21.gif
Although its great to get advice on narrowing down choices or where might be a good place to start, but at the end of the day its about how it sounds to you. I think too many people just grab a bunch of five star reviews, throw them together and expect instant music Nirvana! WHF always chants the mantra of the importance of auditioning. I accept some peoples circumstances may restrict this option and so must rely on other peoples opinions, which is not ideal but perhaps the limit of the research available to them.

Nick

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts