New Speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Over the past year or two I've upgraded my Linn system, and now have an Akurate DS, Exotik+DA and a Chakra C3200. It sounds very good, but I suspect that it's now time to think about updating my Dynaudio Audience 60 speakers.

The problem is, what to replace them with? I don't want bookshelf speakers on stands, but neither do I want anything bigger than the Dynaudios (which are a rather neat 83 cm tall - most floor standers seem to be close to 1m or more).

Given these restrictions, the only alternative I can think of is the Dali Mentor 5. With a budget of up to £2,500 what else do you think I should listen to?

Regards,
Ian.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
I am Bias.....you need to have a listen toa pair of (£2.5k) Amphion, a bit bigger than you need but heavenly balanced sound :)

and the small in size but certainly not small sound -Roksan FR-5 (£2K) - are sonicly brilliant, sound stage and dept are right up there in a £5K speakers world....hifi bargain

A

Anonymous

Don't Linn have their own speaker brand too?

I don't have it on me, but I am sure in the latest WHF there is a 'same make' test with a linn system in, at around the price point you are talking...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts