Question new speakers

Salty

Oct 8, 2022
Visit site
I am considering upgrading my Paradigm 6000f speakers to the Founder 100f. I am powering them with a Yamaha as 801 integrated. The salesperson suggested that the Yamaha is not "high-end" enough for the Founders and that I should also upgrade my integrated to an Anthem in the same price category as the Founders (around $5000). Is this really necessary?

No. Your Yamaha is plenty powerful enough for 92dB sensitivity speakers, even in a large room. But it’s understandable that a dealer will want you to get the best from a considerable investment. And he’d like to stay in business if you’ve a deep wallet.

I suggest he lend you his recommended amp and try it at home, if he’s so confident.

What is rest of your system, and what dimensions are your room?

Welcome to the forum!

Reactions: Al ears

Salty

Oct 8, 2022
Visit site
No. Your Yamaha is plenty powerful enough for 92dB sensitivity speakers, even in a large room. But it’s understandable that a dealer will want you to get the best from a considerable investment. And he’d like to stay in business if you’ve a deep wallet.

I suggest he lend you his recommended amp and try it at home, if he’s so confident.

What is rest of your system, and what dimensions are your room?

Welcome to the forum!

I listen to digital audio mostly with my laptop connected to the as 801 via its usb port. I also have a Yamaha cd-s300 and a Project Debut Carbon with Ortofon bronze cartridge upgrade. The room is 12' deep and 24' wide with an 8.5' ceiling.

rainsoothe

I am considering upgrading my Paradigm 6000f speakers to the Founder 100f. I am powering them with a Yamaha as 801 integrated. The salesperson suggested that the Yamaha is not "high-end" enough for the Founders and that I should also upgrade my integrated to an Anthem in the same price category as the Founders (around $5000). Is this really necessary?
Yes, ask the dealer to home demo the Anthem. For the record, I think it's a great suggestion, and that in order to sound good, a system needs to be balanced. Also, imo it's easier to make a pair of mediocre speakers sound decent with the appropiate amplification than vice-versa. And that Anthem integrated (if it's the Anthem STR Integrated), besides sounding amazing on its own, also comes with room correction and very decent dac and phonostage, which will bring the rest of your sources more in line with the new level of your system.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts