appropriate amp for Paradigm Founder 100f

Salty

Oct 8, 2022
Visit site
I posted a thread earlier about upgrading my Paradigm 6000f speakers to the Founder 100f. The salesperson suggested that I also upgrade my Yamaha as 801 to an Anthem str that he has in stock. Are there any other amps that anyone would recommend for this application? Thanks.

I posted a thread earlier about upgrading my Paradigm 6000f speakers to the Founder 100f. The salesperson suggested that I also upgrade my Yamaha as 801 to an Anthem str that he has in stock. Are there any other amps that anyone would recommend for this application? Thanks.
I don't see the need to upgrade your amp.
Did you audition these speakers?
If so what was used to drive them at the audition? Did you audition using your Yamaha? If so move further up the Yamaha chain.
I can see why a dealer would recommend some amplifier that he just happens to stock :)
Are you going to use these as a stereo pair or in a home cinema set-up?
What's your budget for an amp upgrade if you decide you need one?
Also, if you simply must upgrade and want to buy something manufactured in the same area try the SimAudio Moon amps like 240i

Last edited:

Salty

Oct 8, 2022
Visit site
I don't see the need to upgrade your amp.
Did you audition these speakers?
If so what was used to drive them at the audition? Did you audition using your Yamaha? If so move further up the Yamaha chain.
I can see why a dealer would recommend some amplifier that he just happens to stock :)
Are you going to use these as a stereo pair or in a home cinema set-up?
What's your budget for an amp upgrade if you decide you need one?
Also, if you simply must upgrade and want to buy something manufactured in the same area try the SimAudio Moon amps like 240i
Thanks for the prompt reply. I did audition them, but not with the Yamaha (not sure what was driving them). The Anthem STS was driving a piar of Founder 80f at the time. I will be using them as a stereo pair and I listen almost exclusively to jazz at modest volume levels, if that matters. The Moon looks promising.

Thanks for the prompt reply. I did audition them, but not with the Yamaha (not sure what was driving them). The Anthem STS was driving a piar of Founder 80f at the time. I will be using them as a stereo pair and I listen almost exclusively to jazz at modest volume levels, if that matters. The Moon looks promising.
Does the dealer you mention stock Moon?
I guess it's also going to depend on what your sources are likely to be.
Do you need an inbuilt DAC? Do you need an inbuilt phono stage for a turntable?
There are plenty of fairly powerful amps that will happily drive those speakers so dont spend out on items you will not use.
That said, in my opinion, oneof the best bangs for your bucks amplifiers at the moment is the American Rogue Audio Spinx V3, probably worth twice it's asking price.

Last edited:

Salty

Oct 8, 2022
Visit site
The dealer does not stock Moon. I would prefer a built-in DAC and phono stage, as the Moon and Anthem have. I would be looking to spend approx. US $4,000.00. I am aware of the Sphinx, but had forgotten about it. Thanks for the reminder.

The dealer does not stock Moon. I would prefer a built-in DAC and phono stage, as the Moon and Anthem have. I would be looking to spend approx. US $4,000.00. I am aware of the Sphinx, but had forgotten about it. Thanks for the reminder.
I don't think the Spinx has a DAC however that's a good thing in my opinion, it does however have a very good phono stage

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts