New Speakers

robw17

Jan 26, 2008
Visit site
Hi all,

Looking to downsize my Acoustic Energy Aelite 3 speakers. I do like the big fellas, but for the room size (around 12' by 11'), they are too much.

I'm currently looking at the B&W 685S2, or Dynaudio Emit M10 / M20 (I would consider the M20's if they are really worth the extra money).

I've heard the B&Ws, and like them, but I am not able to listed to the Dynaudios (I'd buy online and send back if I really don't like).

The speakers will be driven by a Cambridge Audio CXA60. Would this be a good match for any of the mentioned speakers. I believe the M20's can be difficult to drive.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Rob

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
robw17 said:
Hi all,

Looking to downsize my Acoustic Energy Aelite 3 speakers. I do like the big fellas, but for the room size (around 12' by 11'), they are too much. 

I'm currently looking at the B&W 685S2, or Dynaudio Emit M10 / M20 (I would consider the M20's if they are really worth the extra money). 

I've heard the B&Ws, and like them, but I am not able to listed to the Dynaudios (I'd buy online and send back if I really don't like).

The speakers will be driven by a Cambridge Audio CXA60. Would this be a good match for any of the mentioned speakers. I believe the M20's can be difficult to drive. 

Any advice would be appreciated. 

Rob

not difficult to drive just very transparent.the emit20's have bigger cabinet's so more bass and well a little more of everything so I would go for the 20s.your amp should be fine to run these. magical speakers at this price just superb.iv had mine for 2 months and I'm still amazed how good these sound

shadders

Hi,

Have you considered a set of DIY speakers? They can be very rewarding in building, and veneering with one of the many exotic veneers available in the UK.

You can obtain a sound which significantly exceeds the commercial offerings for the same money.

Regards,

Shadders.

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
Only because I really like my q acoustics 2020i, could you possibly demo a set of concept 20s and stands. Tidy, nice looking, easy to drive and because of the build, apparently trump a lot of the competition for sound quality

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts