new speakers--proposition

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

i looking for new speakers, now i have Dali concept 6 with-Nad 356bee, CA 650c, Vdh cs 122 and Vdh d 102 mk lll, cardas twinlink power cord for cd and isotek optimum for amp...

Everything sound warm and sweet, very musical and soft...but i want new speaker because i think that this set up can do it better...

I was thinking about Kef q900 or MA silver rx 8...only thing was i scared is too much brightnes, too much high spectar...

Did metal twiter working troubles with that...

The room is well dampth and i have 30m2...i like jazz, Diana Krall, joshua Redman, Enrico Rava...rock, Pink Floyd, Dire Straits...

A

Anonymous

Then Kef should do the trick... auditionning both speakers, and others, would be better... but RX8 is unimpressive. Just auditionned them today for customers, compared to BX6 and BX5... well BX5, if not the loudest, was the clear winner if you ask me, and RX6 could only be an improvement, though perhaps more difficult with components/room matching. Still, as you have a lot of room, I'd say they'd work quite well. Save money and go with RX6, if you chose MA... Without being bright, MA speakers have a crisp, clear mid/high, and if your tastes are for more warmth and roundness, then you might find they are kinda bright. Still, RX6 will offer a good, impactful bass, but it'll stay within the parameters of sharpness and details more than warmth and roundness. Ideal matching could help a little, I don't know about yours, seems quite okay with me... in the sense that I can't believe you'd get totally bad results. Your case is divided : according to your preferences in sound, I'm thinking you might go along with Kef... but according to your tastes in music, I'm thinking you might prefer Monitor Audio.

A

Anonymous

you try say that maybe MA for my taste will be sharpness...but kef...whay you think the kef is not for my tast in music, if kef sound warm and whithout sharpnes like MA will be great...is kef have good bass...reading your post, MA not for me...i have impression the MA have no emotion, its not for me...help...

A

Anonymous

Well your Dalis have a couple of common points with MA. So don't judge before giving a good audition, you could be surprised, though you're already liking your actual set up, so you might be harder to satisfy. It's just that your music goes on mainly in the mid/high levels, and MA is good at that. Better than Dali?... would not say so necessarily. Different. I did not intend my first message to be definitive about your tastes, I was just trying to show the main difference between Kef and MA... which are fairly more analytical. But your CD player is lively, your amp is warm, I do not see a problem there, but I just thought you'd prefer Kef anyway. It's an impression more than a certitude.

A

Anonymous

thank you, what you say about wharfedale, is every model have same character, i was looking 10.7....did i have more warm whit that speakers...thank you one more time...

A

Anonymous

forgeret wharfedale...

i understand what you say, the music what i listen to is more need high and mid...but i like warm...and i understand...but i have feeling from your words that kef have no analitic or less analitic sound than MA, i listen MA anyway, but we can talk, from this position, in theory, i can get more depth and warm whit kef....how is bass on kef sound....thank you.....for help me...

A

Anonymous

and on kef, should i have reason to scare crispy highs....i scared brightnes like a devil...:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

A

Anonymous

Depth and fullness go to Kef. Kef won't be bright, they are indeed great round speakers, good bass. But mid/high may lose some definition, even more if you're used to the Dalis, and with your music Q900 might offer more bass than you need. Q500 could be more appropriated. However, I still think, in a 30m2 damped room, that Monitor Audio RX6 could fire your world with the music you like... and reveal details you never dreamed about. Still, it takes a good amp, but your Nad is up to it for now, and with your CA cd it might be quite an interesting match to get MA. But it's yours to see, and if you have a chance for a home demo with Kef, MA, and perhaps B&W, you'll find what you need.

A

Anonymous

ok....you help me a lot, realy thank you, now i have cristal clear picture....one more thing and i don't want you driving any more....

why MA rx6 not rx8 for 30m2?????

please, in details....

in my city i have no dealers, i must go 200km to dealers...and i want be shure what i want to listen....

thank you

pinkfloyd said:
ok....you help me a lot, realy thank you, now i have cristal clear picture....one more thing and i don't want you driving any more....

why MA rx6 not rx8 for 30m2?????

please, in details....

in my city i have no dealers, i must go 200km to dealers...and i want be shure what i want to listen....

thank you

If the RX range is anything like RSs the RX6 will have a better all-round ability. The RX8 will have deeper bass, lacking the agility and the subtlety of their (slightly) smaller siblings.

matthewpiano

Don't discount Mordaunt-Short. Somewhat off the radar quite a bit of the time but in my experience they compete very well with more frequently suggested models by MA, B&W and the like. The Aviano range are superb. Loads of detail but matched with depth and a real ability to portray the atmosphere of the recording space.

A

Anonymous

yes, yes......i am fraid that rx 6 not have a bass to full my space...i now what you tried to say....rx 6 is more...exciting....but rx 8 have good(better for my space) bass but is a little cold...no emitionality...did i understand....???

all phats lead to kef....

by the way, today i listen spendor a6.....in my place whit my set up....WOW...that it...but i have no mony for that.....

A

Anonymous

Couldn't have put it in bettew words than Matthew or PP... RX6 will have enough bass for your room, in fact, if you weren't so keen on the bass aspect, I'd suggest stand mounted speakers for your type of music.

Matthew suggested another brand, you now have four different and potent choices, you should be able to make your 200km trip worthwhile!

A

Anonymous

I think if you like your Dalis then the Ikons must be on your to try list. I have a set of original 6s and they are superb, and a BIG step above the Concepts.

Sliced Bread

The new Kef R range has good early reports, though I havn't heard it myself.

You may also want to try the B&W CM8 / CM9's. I demoed the CM8's against the Monitor Audio RX range and found it much more musical. They have a lovely smooth, subtle yet atmospheric midrange that the RX's just couldn't match. A sweet topend if partnered correctly (the RX's sounded quite boxed in, in comparison). The RX's were still good though. I also tried the GB1's, which were amazing, but they wern't the all rounders of the CM8's due to the PMC GB1's lack of extension but if you like acoustic / jazz & small scale classical they will be hard to beat.

CM8's = small / medium rooms

CM9's = medium / large rooms

A

Anonymous

wharfedale jade 5 is maybe what i looking for....anyone....to tell me something about....

A

Anonymous

on the end, i buy kef q900...very, very musical speakers whit nice and never strenuous highs, bass is fantastic, deep and powerful even in a very micro dynamic...and the more important thing, all three spectar is like one...compare whit MA silver rx8...it is good speaker, but for me is analytic, no music, like i listen how is record some cd...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts