NEW SPEAKERS HELP

CS69

Feb 10, 2021
Visit site
Hi,
First post on the Forum. I'm looking for new bookshelf speakers for my music room in the loft. I run two Technics 1210 turntables through a Marantz 4001 amp. But unfortunately i've been using old Sharp speakers from my ancient stack system that's now in the bin i may add. I mainly listen to 60's reggae / ska vinyl by the way so i like Bass .
Anyway one of the speakers has given up the ghost so i've been toying between brand new or 2nd hand. I've got a low ceiling in my loft ( 1.9 metres high but with a comb all the way round. Its 6 metres long 3.2 metres wide.
Looking to spend around £300-400. Brand new i was looking at Elac Debut 2.0 B6.2 or similar.
Alternatively there's a guy locally who sells lots of vintage speakers and he seems to have endless Acoustic Research AR 18s etc but wonder about buying 2nd hand and maybe there too powerful for what i'm needing anyway??
Sorry for long post but any advice appreciated,
Cheers
CS69.

D

Deleted member 116933

Hi there.

If you like bass but still have plenty of detail and you don't mind second-hand look at the mission 700 series or m7 series pick them up for around 100-150 all day long. Specifically, the 701 and may be the 702 they go really well with Marantz, using a pair of 700's now into a Pm7200.

Acoustic Research AR 18 in my eyes are little too vintage and may require some TLC pretty shortly

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts