new speakers for vintage system

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
hello all,disaster my aged ms pageant's have just given up the ghost.i have a smallish room 17 long 10 wide so new speakers are needed,they must go as near to the wall as possible.i would prefer small floorstanders with high sensitivty as i have a 10 watt per channel valve amp.price range between £300 to £400.any thought's greatly appreciated,gregory.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
This is a tricky one... The obvious answer in terms of size, positioning and pricing would be the KEF iQ5SEs - compact floorstanders, happy sat about anywhere, £400 - but KEF recommends they're used with a minimum of 15W amplification. Maybe worth arranging an audition (with your amp) to see if the reality is different?

Other ideas, anyone?

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
hello,i like the look of the kef's small and discreet,i don't think the lower sensitivity is to much of a problem but would have a demo with my amp to make sure.sorry andrew but waf rules out the other speakers,tannoy's even i don't like but the aelite 3 look nice to me.this is a hard one i know,unless i up the anti it looks like headphone listening for a while longer.thanks guys.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts