New speakers for old Audiolab C + 2 P setup

Ranking

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

After hearing my mates hi fi I'm thinking of upgrading my speakers as the weak link in my hi fi. Im hoping to make it a little more engaging with a wider and deeper soundstage. I'm not expecting miracles as I have a small cluttered office (12' x 12') and his hi fi is way beyond what I can spend.

I have original Audiolab 8000C with 2 8000Ps bi-amping Tannoy Mercury F Custom Loudspeakers. The source is FLAC from a Squeezebox 3 with a new Beresford DAC.

The Audiolabs were recently serviced and the Squeezebox has a new PSU upgrade. I have reasonable cables, connectors, supports and fixings.

Any advice? I have about £2k (for new) and will need speakers roughly the same size or smaller. Stand-mount or floorstanding is fine.

Cheers

Ranking

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I have gone through an old post and found quite a bit to keep me busy with:
Kef R500Spendor A3 or A5Sonus Faber Toy TowerVienna Acoustics Bach Grand (ex-dem)Proac Sudio 140MK2Dynaudio, PMC GB1is (s/hand or ex-dem only now)Totem ArrosWharfedale Jade-5Monitor Audio RX-6Audio Physic Yara (2nd hand)Epos Epic-5 or Elan 30.mission 752s(not freedom) The suggestions were based on a 8000a not a C and Ps but I think they should be similar. I'll post an update on how I get on.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts