New speakers and CDP-New speaker cable?

woodster

Jun 24, 2007
Visit site
Just added new CM8's and a Cyrus CD8 SE to my Roksan L111 Amp, wondering if I need to upgrade my speaker cable. Currently using Chord silverscreen, any suggestions guys?

matthewpiano

I own runs of both Carnival Silverscreen and Rumour, though I currently use neither of them. Personally I've found the Rumour 2 relatively thin sounding with many of the systems I've used it in and, on balance, I prefer the cheaper Carnival Silverscreen. I'm currently using Audioquest G2 and I actually prefer that to either of them and it was less than half the price of the Carnival Silverscreen.

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
woodster said:
I have been looking on ebay at odyssey and rumour, epics are a little to much maybe. kind of looking for a bargain if it is beneficial to my system
not sure exactly what your budget is but I can wholeheartedly recommend QED revelation - you only need a single run :)

stephennic

Jul 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

I use the chord silverscreen on my 2nd system - a good budget cable. I would recommend Kimber 4tc or 8tc which I use on my main system. It is more detailed and open and has more natural mids. The soundstage is larger and deeper too. It is a fuller sounding cable where as the chord is a bit leaner. Hope that helps.

Cheers

Steve.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts