New Sony DA2400ES faulty? should I send it back?

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
Hi

Further to my post re: a really quiet centre channel on my Sony DA 2400ES, I have performed the following tests:

1. Set all 3 front speakers to the same level (0bd)

2. Using the test tone the centre is significantly quieter than the front L+R. (ie you can't hear the dialogue in a movie)

3. I have swapped the centre for a spare satalite speaker - same problem.

4. With test speaker I've changed the speaker cable - same problem.

5. Using original centre speaker I've changed the speaker cable - same problem.

6. I've swapped the centre speaker and left front - centre channel still really quiet.

I think I've done enough diagnostics to ascertain the amp is faulty and the output level on the centre channel is not as it should be. I think I should send it back to Amazon for a replacement - what do you think ?

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
Thanks Prof for that succinct but helpful reply!

I've now tried 3 different speakers in the centre and 3 different cables so have requested a replacement from Amazon who are very good and send you the replacement first, then you arrange a courier to pick up the origina...

A

Anonymous

You should send it back. A friend of mine purchased a faulty Sony that, thurned out to have been damaged in transit. He got a replacement which works perfectly.

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
Thanks guys. I've checked and double checked all the connections etc so it must be faulty.

Watched Pearl Harbor (yes I know...) last night (PCM on Blu Ray) and with centre on +10 and all else on -10bd could only just make out the dialogue. It doesn't sound too bad on Pro Logic with the TV - but using the test tone the difference in volume levels is obvious.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
roger06:
Thanks guys. I've checked and double checked all the connections etc so it must be faulty.

Watched Pearl Harbor (yes I know...) last night (PCM on Blu Ray) and with centre on +10 and all else on -10bd could only just make out the dialogue. It doesn't sound too bad on Pro Logic with the TV - but using the test tone the difference in volume levels is obvious.

You will be very pleased when the replacement turns up. Amazon cannot be faulted in my opinion - they offer a fantastic level of service.

TRENDING THREADS