New smaller Amstrad Sky+ HD box - just installed. 250GB, Digital Coax and SATA socket.

GazzyP

Jul 3, 2008
Visit site
Just had a replacement for my faulty Samsung Sky + HD box. They have installed a new Amstrad box, which is 25% smaller than the old one - but still in the same style.

Aparently this box has only just been released this week for installation.

So far so good - the new EPG seems more responsive, and the flickering I had on SCART output seems to have gone. But time will tell!

Differences I have noticed on the box:

Only 1 SCART socket

Coax digital audio out as well as usual Optical

A socket marked as SATA - I have no idea what this is - any ideas? Is it something to do with the hard drive??

Also I was told it has a 500GB hardrive, 250GB of which is available for recording. Up from 160GB of the old model.

daveh75

Yes, it's the new Amstrad DRX890, that a select few have been trialing for a few month's,and Sky have now been installing for a couple of weeks.

You're correct in thinking that it has a 500GB HDD.Though as per usual,Sky rob a large chunk of it for their purposes/use i.e Sky anytime etc, leaving 250GB recording space for you.

The Sata socket is currently redundant!!!

A

Anonymous

The way I read it is that all SkyHD boxes are compatible provided you have a 3D TV (which are not yet available} - they go on sale in April by Sony, Pana, Samsung & LG.

Bob.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts