New Sky+HD EPG............Picture freeze?

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
New EPG installed maybe 3 weeks ago, and now we have intermittent picture freeze (sound is OK and continues to broadcast), this has happened on various channels, I'm almost tempted to say mostly HD channels but cannot be sure as we watch mpostly HD

Anyone else had similar issues...................just clearing the way before getting on to Sky?

daveh75

There's a couple of things to try.

First try a power cycle, i.e switch off at mains and back on again,then let the box reboot(takes a couple of minutes).

Second,try a planner rebuild! To do a rebuild........

press the "services" button on the remote,then 0-0-1 in quick succession(gets you into installers menu),then press 7 and then select.

Dont worry-a planner rebuild will not delete any recordings you may have stored!!!

See how that goes,but if the problem persists,then it's a call to Sky to book a service call.......

A

Anonymous

Hello,

try this,

press select then press sky and then press 5 0 1 (takes you to sky news) and then use the blue button to return to previous channel.

this is what sky told me to do and three weeks later no freezing, cant remember why could only just work out what the chappie was saying, but it does the trick.

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Thanks guys

I'll try the re-boot and Neil's solution before anything else

Will report back on progress...............probably Saturday the way this week has just disappeared

Thanks again

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Reboot seemed to work for the last 4 days, dreaded freeze returned tonight (no pun intended for those with brass monkeys) so will now move on to Neil's solution.

Tomorrow sometime, will update as we go

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
My keep crashing! The Sky engineer will come out later today. My wife miss X-factor final...scary moment that was
emotion-16.gif

A

Anonymous

had the new epg for 3 weeks now not crashed yet and no picture freezes either its much better than the old one in my opinion a bit slow which is the only complaint

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
So................system reboot didn't work, picture freeze both on HD and SD!!!

So have now tried the Select button, Sky button, 501 and press blue to go back a channel remedy recommende, as of yetsreday, so we will contnue

Next failure (if) will be Sky directed, let's hold thumbs and things that it's not necessary

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts