New Set up, your opinion please!

Cyanic

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

I am looking at starting a HiFi system with a 2.1 set up and progressing into a 7.1 or 7.2 system! The use of my system will be formusic and movies. My price range for gear is mid range. My 2.1 system looks something like this so far:

Receiver: Sony STRDN850

Bookshelf Speakers: Polk Audio RTi A1s

Sub: Have not picked one yet, anyone have a good pair to the A1s?

Thanks to anyone who replies!

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
When I was looking for a sub to match my MA Bronze speakers I looked at the MA Bronze range sub first - so have a look at the Polk sub/s that match your speakers.

You don't say where you are. In the UK at least, I then looked at various sub reviews, and BK subs kept coming up with great reviews, so I compared the specs/prices with the MA sub, and the BK XX400LS won hands down, and was cheaper.

So it all depends on which country you are in, what you can spend, and what space you have to accomodate various sizes.

Cyanic

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I live in New Zealand so certain brands are hard to come by but the method which you used is what I have been doing. Can anyone comment on my Reciever / Speaker choice?

As for price range, Id be happy in the mid level speaker price. Room size is 4 x 6.

Funtcase

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Sydney here, just bought a sub from Eastwood HiFi... Yamaha yst 515.. Half price and great all rounder.... Maybe they deliver to NZ also.....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts