New Set-up for a beginner!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've saved myself up a bit of cash.

I'm interested in a new sound set-up for my room.

My max budget would be £500.

I am a complete beginner when it comes to these things, so you'll have to put up with me asking for explanations if you haven't done so already
smiley-embarassed.gif

What I want is something that I could use my iPod with, and basically I want (well I think I want/need) an amplifier, a couple of speakers and a large-ish sub.

I mainly listen to dubstep and drum n' bass, so bass is a big thing for me.

Any ideas? I'm relying on you guys here.. many thanks!

A

Anonymous

actually do i need an amplifier? i'm not sure, i'm a total noob..

A

Anonymous

hi, you can do yourself a huge favour by sifting thru and reading old posts-this forum is utterley useful but even when i started i didnt look past the first few pages of posts- i would have made few fewer mistakes if i had. i've seen a few posts with £500 budget like yourself.

you will learn a huge amount and then make better choices, get more for your money and your ears will become your new best friends..

strongly recommend ebay and 2nd hand and patience and when the item is collect only it will be much cheaper. as a fellow lover of bass ( but not all the time ) i'd strongly recommend b & w speakers, say dm602 s3 or 603. mate in leicester was selling some 602 s3-might be on ebay. for the sub, definite go 2nd hand and there are loads on ebay. for your budget you can get a good 2nd amp on ebay-if you see an old nad c370 snap it up, but youve got marantz and yamaha to consider. marantz do like bass. best bass speakers ive ever heard are my mates mission 753 freedom speakers--about 200 2nd on ebay. dont overdo it on the sub-you will get plenty decent ones 2nd hand for 50-100. speaker cables-avoid silver based-they dont love bass imo.

good luck and be patient

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the replies guys! Really appreciate it! Will look into both of the suggestions :)

A

Anonymous

Scary Cornflakes,

With a budget of 500 pounds, I'd purchase a second hand integrated amp (a good one lasts for decades) and reserve the remaining amount to spend on brand new loudspeakers and CD player. If you alrealdy own a DVD ou BD player, there's another way. You can purchase a second hand D/A converter also.

By the way, can you spend a bit more than 500 pounds?

dave_k

Aug 26, 2009
Visit site
Epoz Aktimate Maxi. I think these are around £500, have an ipod dock and built in tuner plus one or two auxilliary inputs. Job done (except maybe for some stands - another £50-100 at a later date when funds allow).

I've read lots of good reviews of these.

A

Anonymous

PedeJoe has made a good shout... I owned some B&W 602 S3 speakers and a NAD C370 AMP - what a hi-fi that was. Still have really fond memories of it. No need for a sub with those speakers to be honest.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts