New Samsung Sky HD Box

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
I had the Thomson HD box up until recently, after having the new EPG the box began to grind to a halt on a regular basis so the engineer came out and gave me a brand new Samsung box. Sky then phoned to say that the original 1 year warranty on the Thomson box was about to expire and that i would only have a 3 month warranty on the new Samsung box......is this correct?? I thought brand new box would carry a 1 year warranty?

A

Anonymous

As far as I'm aware, when you need a replacement box you are always given a reconditioned item.

The 3 month warranty is standard these reconditioned boxes.

daveh75

PiperUK:As far as I'm aware, when you need a replacement box you are always given a reconditioned item. The 3 month warranty is standard these reconditioned boxes.That's usually true,yes. However between the recall of the 90000 pace boxes and the new EPG killing boxes left,right and centre means there has been a shortage of refurb boxes,which has led Sky into having to supply new boxes for service calls on occasion to meet the demand.

bigblue235

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
Unfortunately, new replacement products don't automatically come with a new warranty. They could in theory say you're only covered until the end of your existing warranty, so if 3 months takes you beyond that, that's all they need to offer.

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
My original warranty is up in a week or so but with the new Samsung box they've said an extra 3 months over and above. Does this sound fair? It was a brand new box....the engineer went out to his van and came back with the new sealed box saying that he had no refurbished boxes.

TRENDING THREADS