New Roksan Kandy Range

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
I got the impression from the new review of the Kandy kit that you gave the CDP 4 stars purely because of the strength of the Cyrus 6se even though you say that people might prefer the kandy for its slightly more reserved nature and that its the next best player at that price point - so is it actually a worse product even though its very good - so surely every CDP at this price point should be dropped below 4 stars since the cyrus is the new king 5 stars the Kandy is the next best 4 stars! Think you may be holding the cyrus in to high a status?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
We agree that every player at this price point may have to be dropped a star - the Cyrus has redefined its market in terms of price/performance.

When you hear the two together, it would be a incredibly hard to recommend the Roksan over the Cyrus.

Obviously people may prefer the Roksan for its particular delivery style, and also for system-matching reasons, which is why auditioning is so important, and why we've stressed those points so clearly in our review of the Kandy K2.

A

Anonymous

I have had both Cyrus and Roksan kit and love both of them - for it's individualistic delivery style. It all boils down to your individual music taste.

I have now learnt to let my ears do the judging and not the stars accorded to a component, but needless to say, would not go anywhere near a 3 * or lower product.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
i always prefered the old kandy to cyrus kit at same price point - but i am quite keen to hear the 6se although moved on beyond that now so won't be buying one but would be keen to know what all the fuss is about.

A

Anonymous

JohnDuncan:Well it is, but Roksan have 'em well beat now...........
Nah. Cyrus kit looks dreadful. The older Kandy stuff was excellent, really industrial with build quality to destroy the competition (literally). I'll reserve judgment on the new stuff.

madeinstein

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
Is this new Kandy K2 going to replace L.III? if so it's probably the time to get the old one, don't like the look of the new one either..

I saw the black Cyrus today.. it's better looking that the silver one.. but still very interesting design..
emotion-5.gif

Roksan L.III on the other hand looks very good!

A

Anonymous

JohnDuncan:timwileman:cyrus = fisher price

:)

Roksan Kafka if you ask me.
Primare, for those that prefer knobs...

A

Anonymous

JohnDuncan:More Jean-Paul Sartre I think, specially his book "In Primare" (tagline "Hell Is Other People's Stereos")

crusaderlord

Apr 29, 2008
Visit site
I guess you cannot accuse Cyrus of being the same as the rest - but i do wonder if they produced a player with more acknowledged separates dimensions whether more people would then be interested. I might be.

I am not keen on the Cyrus look at all - and wasnt impressed by the new Roksan style either preferring the mark III incarnation.

I wonder how much market research was done on the new look.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
see i always thought that until i bought the MF V8 CDP and Dac - they like the cyrus are half size boxes but when you have two they blend in seamlessly.

Guess if you have the CDP and DAC or Power supply they then all become full width

John Duncan

Yes and I had a v3 and X80, but bought them (and got rid) as a pair, so that was fine. But I do object to the (admittedly self-imposed) "if you want our CD player you have to have our amp as well" deal, even though that's precisely what I've done (it's just I could choose not to with so much more equipment).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts