New Replacement Speaker

tansriloi

Apr 1, 2008
Visit site
Hello there,

I recently decided to upgrade/ replace my current speaker Dynaudio X12 with a similar size bookshelf speaker. I am interested in the new Dynaudio series like the emit10 or the X14. However, I am not sure are these two new Dyns are an improvement over my current one...?

I do also like the Dali Menuet..

My current system> Rega elex R amp and NAD C542 cd, what's your thoughts, I do prefer to stick back to The Dyns brand. My budget is between £500 to £900.

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Mmmmmm..... With that budget have you not considered upgrading your CD player instead?

Why not look into the matching player for your amp?

Just suggesting this as from my chair the CD player is the weakest link in your system.

K

keeper of the quays

Try borrowing a dac if you can...as previous guy said, might well be your source? Or borrow another cd player just to see? You could try internet radio (bbc stations always sound good) ideally through a apple device..put it through your amp..you might feel different re your speakers...in my opinion.

tansriloi

Apr 1, 2008
Visit site
I thought so my CD player pretty old. Nearly 9 years since I had it. I wanted to know is there any review on the new dynaudio emit series. I'm pretty curious how big the improvement over the dm series.

NJB

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
I recently moved on from the Excite X12. Is there anything about the X12 that is causing the change? I am simply curious because I did have a couple of minor criticisms, but nothing significant. The person that bought my X12s, for a small bedroom system, now has them in his main system after deciding that they were seriously good. I stuck with Dynaudio and went for Focus 160s, a very similar presentation, treble even sweeter and a little more oomph in the bass. These might blow your budget new, but s/h they would be well worth considering if you stick with Dyn.

tansriloi

Apr 1, 2008
Visit site
Hi there, the speakers are perfectly fine. I have the opportunity to upgrade/ trade for something better.

I have recently sold a pair of floorstander, that gives me extra $$ to spend on something new. Ok, lets put budget aside. Given that you have to choose one speaker in the list, which one would you go for. They are q acoustics concept 40, Dynaudio x14 and Dynaudio dm 3/7.

NJB

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
tansriloi said:
Hi there, the speakers are perfectly fine. I have the opportunity to upgrade/ trade for something better.

I have recently sold a pair of floorstander, that gives me extra $$ to spend on something new. Ok, lets put budget aside. Given that you have to choose one speaker in the list, which one would you go for. They are q acoustics concept 40, Dynaudio x14 and Dynaudio dm 3/7.

I am not familiar with the Q Acoustics. I suspect that the X14 will sound too similar to the X12, and the dm range are less sophisticated.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I would not bother changing the speakers for something similar, you will spend a lot of money for little benefit. Could try some new cdps. Rega or Marantz would be my choice for starters.

TRENDING THREADS