New Rega amplifier, or rather an update

Tinman1952

I see Rega has released the latest version of the Elicit.... £2000 though.
From their website...

"plus an Alps volume potentiometer has been introduced to further improve sonic and technical performance."

that's stretching it a bit......🙄

Reactions: nn_in
Last edited:
Reactions: nn_in

Din5

Jun 27, 2021
Visit site
The new Elicit looks great, and I think the styling is inherited from the very nice Aethos. The addition of digital inputs & headphone sockets is welcome too.
I'm sure the new model will be every bit as solid as the previous model, but, will it actually sound any better ?

Gray

On the face of it, the 'Lifetime Warranty' is very appealing.
However, it only covers 'genuine confirmed manufacture defects'. All other exclusions (naturally) apply.
All purchases cover manufacturing defects for at least a one year period - after which time any problem is much more likely to be down to (the uncovered) 'wear and tear'.....
I do have to wonder about the actual advantage over a non lifetime warranty - though it possibly makes them more lenient with the verdict on the cause of any problem?

leemccann1

Sep 2, 2020
Visit site
interesting thread this, ive got the Ls50 wiresless 2 speakers and if I use the HDMI input from my TV the sound is amazing but, I also have a 5.1.2 set up in the same room with a denon 4300 and some pretty standard ceiling speakers (already in when I bought the house), the sound from the LS50's is 'better' (tested with star wars) but they obvisouly lack any surround, on a comparison (with av) I prefer the surround overall, it just sounds more exciting, does having a coax and optical digital in without usb actually give any benefit other than just using from a TV? im not sure what the DAC is adding otherwise?

On the face of it, the 'Lifetime Warranty' is very appealing.
However, it only covers 'genuine confirmed manufacture defects'. All other exclusions (naturally) apply.
All purchases cover manufacturing defects for at least a one year period - after which time any problem is much more likely to be down to (the uncovered) 'wear and tear'.....
I do have to wonder about the actual advantage over a non lifetime warranty - though it possibly makes them more lenient with the verdict on the cause of any problem?
Yes, possibly. I really think that a five-year warranty should be mandatory on electronics.

I’ve thankfully never needed that, which suggests it’s a tiny risk that manufacturers would take in offering one. That said, we read some sorry tales here, which would make manufacturers think twice if they were on the hook.

Reactions: WayneKerr and Gray

daytona600

Capable of driving difficult loudspeakers with ease
Not Esl/Panel speakers with Sub 4ohm loads

integrate perfectly into any audio system by offering a wide range of connectivity options.
No USB , Wireless / Bluetooth , AV bypass , Room correction , Sub out , Roon , Streaming , ARC , Hdmi etc

Elicit has a spec from 2002 not 2022
Marantz 40N , Rotel RA1592 Spec from 2022

Marantz-Model-40n-3.pngRA-1592MKII BACK.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Al ears and nopiano

doifeellucky

integrate perfectly into any audio system by offering a wide range of connectivity options.
No USB , Wireless / Bluetooth , AV bypass , Room correction , Sub out , Roon , Streaming , ARC , Hdmi etc

View attachment 3506View attachment 3507
Depends if you value features over sound quality. I’d personally prefer no digital or phono as these can easily be added later, but I understand the one box preference, though this is a bit of a halfway solution that doesn’t particularly cater to one or the other.

View attachment 3506View attachment 3507
apparently, to Rega, an amp should do just that..... It is designed for someone that has a Rega turntable only... :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts