new receiver

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Would like to upgrade from onkyo 605,music and films of equal importance.Cpl of yamaha 3900 and onkyo 3007 up for grabs, Any advice truly welcome, also would these avr be over kill for my speakers -acoustc energy aegis neo 5-1 which got 4stars in there review thanks

A

Anonymous

I have just upgraded from a onkyo 606 to a yamaha 2065 because of the current prices so i can get the very best out of my present speakers which were the range yours ones replaced.

I just figured with the amps being relatively cheap it was worth the upgrade and gives me the option to possibly change the speakers next year or the year after.

From what people were telling me the acoustic energy speakers are "neutral" sounding speakers and the yamaha are "warm" amps so they should go well together but i can't confirm that as my amp only arrived today and is still in the box
emotion-1.gif

daz66:Would like to upgrade from onkyo 605,music and films of equal importance.Cpl of yamaha 3900 and onkyo 3007 up for grabs, Any advice truly welcome, also would these avr be over kill for my speakers -acoustc energy aegis neo 5-1 which got 4stars in there review thanks

Hi daz66

Go for the RX-V3900 while you can as at the current prices these are a bargain. The RX-V3900 will easily get the best from your speakers and is also good enough to accomodate future component changes.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
stu31:I have just upgraded from a onkyo 606 to a yamaha 2065 because of the current prices so i can get the very best out of my present speakers which were the range yours ones replaced.

I just figured with the amps being relatively cheap it was worth the upgrade and gives me the option to possibly change the speakers next year or the year after.

From what people were telling me the acoustic energy speakers are "neutral" sounding speakers and the yamaha are "warm" amps so they should go well together but i can't confirm that as my amp only arrived today and is still in the box
emotion-1.gif

It's still in the box???? come on! dig it out....

stu31:I have just upgraded from a onkyo 606 to a yamaha 2065 because of the current prices so i can get the very best out of my present speakers which were the range yours ones replaced.

emotion-1.gif

Hi stu31

The RX-V2065 will work superbly with your Acoustic Energy speakers.
emotion-2.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

grdunn123:

emotion-1.gif

It's still in the box???? come on! dig it out....

At work until 6 am, then i got to put my PF40 back together so its gonna be a job for tomorrow !

Hi Rick if i was in the market for a 7.1 speaker upgrade next year what you recommend

It seems the best way to upgrade on a budget is to grab "old stock" when the new ones come out

A

Anonymous

hi stu31 let us know how you get on with the yamaha2065.where is the 2065 compared to 3900 and onkyo 3007 lower or higher

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
daz66:hi stu31 let us know how you get on with the yamaha2065.where is the 2065 compared to 3900 and onkyo 3007 lower or higher

Pricewise the 2065 was lower down the scale than both the Onkyo and the Yamaha RXV3900. I think the Onkyo would have been the best buy of the 3

A

Anonymous

Think its the model below the 3900, the 2065 is currently around £525-550 while stocks last don't know where it sits in comparison to the onkyo tho.

Connected it all up yesterday haven't had a chance to have a proper tweak yet even so there's a vast improvement to stereo music, watched half of the dark knight and the sound is different from my onkyo can't explain what i mean except to say it just sounds cleaner, more directional and less muddled throughout the range especially during heavy action scenes don't get me wrong i was very happy with my 606 but this is a different world for me.

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
stu31:Think its the model below the 3900, the 2065 is currently around £525-550 while stocks last don't know where it sits in comparison to the onkyo tho.

Connected it all up yesterday haven't had a chance to have a proper tweak yet even so there's a vast improvement to stereo music, watched half of the dark knight and the sound is different from my onkyo can't explain what i mean except to say it just sounds cleaner less muddled especially during heavy action scenes.

This was 1 down from Onkyo's flagship model towards the end of last year and retailed for just short of £2K. Was extremely highly rated by Techradar website.

A

Anonymous

Well lost out on a cpl of yamaha 3900 and onkyo 3007,so stuck with onkyo 605 for movies for a while,and got hold off c/a 840Av1 for stereo £299, to replace marantz pm44se have to swap speaker cable round between one and the other,no pre outs on the 605,not ideal.will still look to upgrade receiver eventually.Hopefully 840a will be a big upgrade stereo wise, one box would have been better.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts