New Project up & running but what are these leftover bits for?

bluenose

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
Collected new Project 6 today, dealer fitted cart for me but after putting the deck together I'm left with some spare bits that dont seem to appear on the parts list. In particular two what look like spacers for the cartridge/headshell and four small metal discs with an indent on one side. Should these go under the feet? Any ideas anyone? Just to save me calling the dealers again.

bretty

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
The four small discs with indentations sound like spike shoes,to go under the feet, as you had already thought. I'm sure one of the other fellas will be able to tell you what the other bits are.

bluenose

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
wont let me upload a pic but the object has two elongated holes which match up with the screw holes for the cart. As for the feet, I've put them in position but they dont stop the TT sliding on the glass shelf so doesnt seem much use for them.

A

Anonymous

I fitted the small spacer on the end of my tonearm on my Xperience tonight thinking that it may be to protect the carbon fibre from being squashed or damaged by the cap screws that secure the cartridge.

I couln't balance the toneare with it fitted as it was too heavey for the counter weight (goldring 2500 fitted). so that came off and went back in the bag.

The buttons go under the spikes to protect surfaces from being scratched. They're not much good as they are but I stuck some small cupboard door type round felt pads on the bottom and that has greatly improved them.

Hpoe that helps

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts