New Plasma tv and need advice about wiring wii in!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Folks

This is my first post so be gentle :D

I`ve just bought a new Panasonic TH 37PX80 tv and so far have put a DVD player into it via a quite expensive IXOS scart lead, my Sky + in through a cheapo scart lead and my Wii through the front using the Wii supplied cable. Sadly I don`t think the picture is very good from the Wii :( Will I be better off using a HDMI cable from the Wii into the tv and also upgading my cheapo scart from Sky+ ?

Any advice much appreciated as I`d like to make my system perform to the best of its abilities!

Cheers

Lee

A

Anonymous

welcome to the forum!

I have an xbox 360 and 37 px80 and the difference in getting the componet cable to wire it was amazing over the old scart lead.

I would reccomend getting the wii componet cable and connecting it this way to you TV, if I remember correctly the wii outputs only in 480p but even then you should (hopefully) notice an improvement in the quality of the picture. I doubt you will be able to test the cable first but as its only £20 from amazon and can probably be found for cheaper its not an expensive option.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that! Even my wife said the picture was better from the Wii on our old tv, not good! I`ll look into getting one of those leads as all the other picture quality is good just the Wii lets it down.

A

Anonymous

I recently bought my Wii component cable (Madcatz, 3m) from an ebay shop. Paid no more than £9.00 for it, including delivery. So shop around. Got mine in 2 days. Brilliant service. Just need to check the difference over the original cable now, but I expect it to be noticeable.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
As well as component, theres also the option of using an svideo cable for the wii (another step up from what you have now). Or indeed a proper RGB cable (The freebie cable is composite ONLY,, which is why it looks cr*p). Any will be a big step up from the supplied freebie lead.

Personally speaking, id get a decent dvd player with hdmi (Like the toshiba at amazon)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Toshiba-XDE500-Advanced-Upscaling-Technology/dp/B001ELK374/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1231657728&sr=1-4
and id certainly upgrade the scart on your sky. My dad uses a russ andrews 'picture only' scart which at times produces astoundingly good pictures (And he originally used an IXOS for 40 quid!)

Id recommend a thor scart ~

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Thor-Scart-to-1-5m/dp/B0009E66SW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1231657951&sr=1-1

Binman

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
Ive got a similar TV (37PX70) and I have my wii connected via a relativley cheap scart lead bought from Play.com. The difference from the standard cable supplied with the wii is very noticable (but still a little soft). There is also a setting on the Wii settings to change the video output - have a tinker. Edges are much sharper, and text is much clearer. You would probably get the same effect from using a component cable.

TRENDING THREADS