New Onkyo 876 and no sound :(

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I spent 3 hours trying to work out why I have no sound coming through my Onkyo 876 (which I got for £590). Also tried different speakers with Sky and/or CD. Just no sound.

I checked all cables, all settings - Still no sound.

Any advice? Like return this rubbish and get a better amp??!!

Jay

A

Anonymous

It's on. It has display. I read the manual and searched online for a fix. Nothing helps.... Could it be duff?

I have a CD player connected to the AUX 2 (front) and Sky connected to HDMI2.

nads

have you been in to the manu and told the amp what you have connected to what?

and as above have you run the auto set up as that will show that you have connected the speakers correctly.

A

Anonymous

I reset the amp by holding down the vcr and power button. I plugged in the Audessy amp for auto set up. It comes up with an error and I hear nothing at all form the speakers. I tried 2 sets of new speakers... The sound is working fine via headphones.

A

Anonymous

Yeah sorry, I meant Audessy Mic.

I tried JBL ES0 and JBL ES20. No luck.

When I plug the Audessy mic in, it says Press Enter to start. Then seconds later it says error - which means it can't find the speakers.

I'm returning the amp and going for a different brand - Any suggestions? Denon, Sony, Pioneer?

Jay

A

Anonymous

I am just trying to get the fronts working. So I connected the JBLES90 and used Stereo mode. Then I removed the ES90 and tried to ES20 with simular "no sound" outcomes. I also tried the Zone 2 terminals - no luck.

Any advice on a brand would be appreciated. I think Denon, Pioneer, Yamaha or Sony? Maybe one of these to drive my large floor standers:

Yamaha RVX 1065

Sony 2400ES

Denon 2809

Pioneer VSX 1019

What do you think?

A

Anonymous

Folks Thanks for your help.

I got a refund on the Onkyo 876 and bought a new Pioneer VSX 1019. So far no probs... Just wearing the speakers in before I crank it up!

Once again - thank you.

Jay

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts