New Onkyo 507 problem

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I've just set-up my new Onkyo 507 amp with SKY HD box connected via HDMI and Optical and an XBOX 360 using HDMI.

Since I've done this I've noticed a slight picture quality reduction when watchiing SD,HD programs and also playing games on 360.

Is this an issue with the amp, my connections or a TV setting problem...i really need your help, it's driving me mad!

It looks as tho the amp is doing some kind of picture processing, i don't want it to, can I turn this off!!

Thank you

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
The point is, it's not doing any picture processing - all the Onkyo has is an HDMI switching system.

It's this, plus the extra run of cable, that's probably affecting your picture - although I am sure some people will be along in a moment to say that this can't happen as the information is digital and thus cannot be affected!

I'd unplug the HDMI connections from the receiver and plug them all directly into the TV's inputs for the best picture quality.

RodhasGibson

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
Yeah and I would second that suggestion.
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

Thanks, but how would the sound output from the Xbox if I connected it straight to the tv?

A

Anonymous

I have also bought the Onkyo 507, first reason for buying this AV amp was the size it fits my rack!! All other Amps were to deep

In general sound is good matched with KEF 3001SE speakers

As to picture quality very good on my Blue Ray Panasonic BD35 but also have noticed a drop in qaulity from my SKY HD box with HDMI so I have just used the Optical for sound and the HDMI connected from the HD box to TV direct, problem solved.

Not sure if this is a cable issue as I need to upgrade my HDMI cables

I am happy so far with the amp

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
IIRC you have to use a component video cable, the adapter for which has an optical digital output.

But I'm sure someone with a better working knowledge of these games machines will be able to enlighten us further.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Andrew Everard:IIRC you have to use a component video cable, the adapter for which has an optical digital output.
But I'm sure someone with a better working knowledge of these games machines will be able to enlighten us further.

Spot on, Mr. E.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts