admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Recommend an album (just one) released in the last twelve months, with an approximation of genre. Here's mine: "Nil Recurring" by Porcupine tree. Post-prog rock.

A

Anonymous

Most albums these days are patchy, but this album is fairly consistent all the way through:
Roots & Echoes - The Coral - (Indie) Rock

survivor

Mar 31, 2008
Visit site
I`ll go for -

"Memory Almost Full" by Sir Paul McCartney. I`ve found his last two studio pop albums to be amongst his finest. (The other being "Chaos and Creation")

Guess I dont need to state genre!

Blainetoner

Feb 5, 2008
Visit site
Jos‚ James - The Dreamer - Jazz

Released on Brownswood recordings, Gilles Peterson's record label, this is a beautifully crafted album of jazz lovelyness. Lush and ample bass with wonderful vocals. It's a late night listening winner!

A

Anonymous

Buena Vista Social Club - Cuban Jazz

Superb album from 1997. It's nice to get a taste of something legendary packed with talent.

A

Anonymous

Ulrich Shcnauss - Goodbye

http://www.juno.co.uk/products/272445-02.htm

Briliant downtempo experimental warped goodness.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
What a great idea for a thread! I've had a great time listenig to all this on myspace! Last thing i bought was Accelerate by R.E.M. I'm somewhat behind with new stuff, as im still busy trying to get the stuff i have organised, and get a decent system together - while at the same time trying to avoid the trap of losing the focus on the music, as opposed to the equipment. Srry, probably too much information.

A

Anonymous

I'd have to go for...

Kings of Leon - "Because of the times".Indie rock and a cracking album throughout

Andy H

Nov 14, 2007
Visit site
Has to be Raising Sand by Robert Plant and Alison Krauss absolutely fab vocals and a nice relaxing listen. Don't buy very many new albums as I'm stuck into a 80's rock time warp and not much modern stuff does it for me.

A

Anonymous

John Lester -So Many Reasons. A great bass player / singer-songwriter. Does a nice workout on your bass cones too.

A

Anonymous

This is going to be an unpopular one I feel :)

The Last Days of Gravity - Younger Brother

Electronica with a psychedelic twist.

John Duncan

[quote user="Andy H"]Has to be Raising Sand by Robert Plant and Alison Krauss absolutely fab vocals and a nice relaxing listen. Don't buy very many new albums as I'm stuck into a 80's rock time warp and not much modern stuff does it for me.[/quote]

Are we allowed to disagree? I had big hopes for this album as I love both of them, but found that the comments in some reviews about it being an 'intimate dance between the two of them' (or some such) were way off the mark - felt to me like their parts were recorded in different studios. Very disappointing.

Anyhoo, doesn't fit the "in the last year" criterion, but 'Eastmountainsouth' by, surprisingly, Eastmountainsouth is probably the best complete album I've bought in the last five years.

Blainetoner

Feb 5, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="Snow_Owl"]Ulrich Shcnauss - Goodbye

http://www.juno.co.uk/products/272445-02.htm

Briliant downtempo experimental warped goodness.[/quote]

I love Ulrich Schnauss, although I prefer his first two album, esp. Far Away Trains Passing by....

A

Anonymous

The Black Angels are an excellent modern Heavy Psychedelic band that are influenced by bands like... The Doors, The Velvet Underground, Syd Barret and Pink Floyd. Garanteed to blow your mind :)

John Duncan

[quote user="Andy H"]OUCH! Only my opinion of course. Regards.[/quote]

Was that to me? Yes, of course, and mine also. I'll defend to the ends of the earth your right to like it
emotion-1.gif

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
I would go for Gruff Rhys - Candylion. Mainly acoustic, but with lots of tunes that I just keep wanting to come back to...

In case you are wondering, Gruff is the lead singer with the Super Furry Animals. If you are still wondering, just have a listen to the title track off the album which gives a good impression of the rest of the album.

A

Anonymous

Has to be Black Bonzo's Sound Of The Apocalypse (prog with alot of '70's style rock)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts