New MA speakers, platinum range

A

Anonymous

I might get an opportunity to hear them as early as next month.. fingures crossed
emotion-58.gif

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
We had a preview of them at the Consumer Electronics Show in January - they certainly look impressive, but we haven't tested them yet.

If you're interested in seeing/hearing them in action, Monitor Audio is showing them at our Show this weekend!

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Clare,

What system have you got at home? And why did you choose that system? And do you upgrade frequently after testing new kit at the mag? Do you have any money in the bank or has it all gone on upgradeitus?

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Clare Newsome"]

If you're interested in seeing/hearing them in action, Monitor Audio is
showing them at our Show
this weekend!
[/quote]

Would they beat me up because I keep saying their products are bright!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Thaiman"]Would they beat me up because I keep saying their products are bright![/quote]

I think these new speakers use ribbon tweeters and apparantly sound a lot sweeter.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Clare Newsome"]
We had a preview of them at the Consumer Electronics Show in January - they certainly look impressive, but we haven't tested them yet.

If you're interested in seeing/hearing them in action, Monitor Audio is showing them at our Show this weekend!
[/quote]

Hmm, it's tempting to head up there... I can only make Sunday though and probably the 1pm part of it. I wonder if they are giving away a setup like the marantz guys..;)

A

Anonymous

HFC reviewed the new flagship model in their issue just before xmas - a big thumbs up from them IIRC

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Thaiman"][quote user="Clare Newsome"]

[/quote] Would they beat me up because I keep saying their products are bright![/quote]

i doubt it as they are! I actually like that.as long as its just bright and not shrill.

A

Anonymous

I auditioned the Platinum Floorstanders at Seven Oaks, with a Chord amp and CD player. Great Sound and amazing build quality and finish.

Worth saving up for!!!

A

Anonymous

They do look daaaamn good. When speakers look this good... you begin to wonder what 'other uses' the bass ports are gonna get :O

A

Anonymous

Great! but I'll have to wait until I get home ont he 15th :/

Reviewed the whole range or just the singel speakers? I really like the look of those PL-300's

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts